GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis - Sponsored by The Tire Rack


The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GOLFMK7. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GOLFMK7 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK7 so we can keep this place running!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2018, 09:14 PM   #52
flipflp
Senior Member
 
flipflp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Golf R DSG
Location: San Gabriel, CA
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,111
Now that I'm at a computer I can give a bit more detailed review.

I had my new suspension setup installed Saturday at Emmanule Design in Anaheim. Here are the parts they installed, as well as what I currently have installed:

Bilstein B8 shocks F/R
034 Dynamic+ Camber Mounts
034 HD Rear Shock Mounts
New OEM Strut bearings

eMMotion Lowering springs (have been on the vehicle for 20k+ miles)
eMMotion Rear Sway Bar (has been installed for 10k+ miles)

An alignment was done after the installation. I need to look into it a bit more but my camber and caster were uneven L/R. I'm guessing from a shifted subframe, I don't think that was touched. If we even the 2 sides out it gives me about -2.3-2.4 each side. Here's the alignment sheet:

20180115_115206 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

I've put about 125 miles on this setup so far, 90% of it being street and highway miles and 10% of it being a very spirited blast through Little Tujunga road on Sunday. One of my favorite canyon roads as it's fairly tight so the speeds stay low overall versus with longer sweepers like on Hwy 2.

Street and Highway impressions, the car turns sharply and drives well. Massive improvement in ride quality and comfort from the bilsteins, but that's for a different thread. I'd say that there is a increase in road noise with these mounts, maybe 25% more than the ECS HD strut mounts I had before which is expected. No additional vibrations or odd feelings in the steering wheel. Bumps in the road do feel sharper, more is transferred directly into the car due to less isolation. No low speed noise from the mounts, aside from bumps transferring more noise the suspension is 100% quiet at all speeds.

Canyon impressions, there was a huge change in handling dynamics with the new shocks the biggest improvement from the mounts is the ability to hear what each corner is doing. With less isolation in the front and rear mounts, tire noise is transferred into the cabin in hard cornering, giving you much better feedback on how hard it's working. As soon as you're in a corner you can hear the grip/howl come up from the fenders. I pushed the car as hard as I like to and could tell when I could apply more throttle in a corner or when I could turn harder. Very nice improvement there, and a reasonable trade for the NVH increases.

All in all, $300 to get over -2 degrees front camber without any real negatives or concerns you'd have with spherical bearing camber plates, these things are a bargain. If you don't like the idea of some additional road noise but want negative camber up front you'd have to look to $1000 lower control arms or some hybrid Clubsport setup. I think these mounts are WELL worth any trade offs.
flipflp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:46 PM   #53
THEREALVRT
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 GTI
Location: Ottawa
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflp View Post
Now that I'm at a computer I can give a bit more detailed review.

I had my new suspension setup installed Saturday at Emmanule Design in Anaheim. Here are the parts they installed, as well as what I currently have installed:

Bilstein B8 shocks F/R
034 Dynamic+ Camber Mounts
034 HD Rear Shock Mounts
New OEM Strut bearings

eMMotion Lowering springs (have been on the vehicle for 20k+ miles)
eMMotion Rear Sway Bar (has been installed for 10k+ miles)

An alignment was done after the installation. I need to look into it a bit more but my camber and caster were uneven L/R. I'm guessing from a shifted subframe, I don't think that was touched. If we even the 2 sides out it gives me about -2.3-2.4 each side. Here's the alignment sheet:

20180115_115206 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

I've put about 125 miles on this setup so far, 90% of it being street and highway miles and 10% of it being a very spirited blast through Little Tujunga road on Sunday. One of my favorite canyon roads as it's fairly tight so the speeds stay low overall versus with longer sweepers like on Hwy 2.

Street and Highway impressions, the car turns sharply and drives well. Massive improvement in ride quality and comfort from the bilsteins, but that's for a different thread. I'd say that there is a increase in road noise with these mounts, maybe 25% more than the ECS HD strut mounts I had before which is expected. No additional vibrations or odd feelings in the steering wheel. Bumps in the road do feel sharper, more is transferred directly into the car due to less isolation. No low speed noise from the mounts, aside from bumps transferring more noise the suspension is 100% quiet at all speeds.

Canyon impressions, there was a huge change in handling dynamics with the new shocks the biggest improvement from the mounts is the ability to hear what each corner is doing. With less isolation in the front and rear mounts, tire noise is transferred into the cabin in hard cornering, giving you much better feedback on how hard it's working. As soon as you're in a corner you can hear the grip/howl come up from the fenders. I pushed the car as hard as I like to and could tell when I could apply more throttle in a corner or when I could turn harder. Very nice improvement there, and a reasonable trade for the NVH increases.

All in all, $300 to get over -2 degrees front camber without any real negatives or concerns you'd have with spherical bearing camber plates, these things are a bargain. If you don't like the idea of some additional road noise but want negative camber up front you'd have to look to $1000 lower control arms or some hybrid Clubsport setup. I think these mounts are WELL worth any trade offs.
Good to know.
__________________
Powered by hopes and dreams.
THEREALVRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:07 PM   #54
Dr. M
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2015 Golf R
Location: NY
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Are these compatible with the MSS springs?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, I'm currently running them with MSS sport adjustables and superpro 0006K LCAs. Subframe is deadset with the 034 collars. I am pretty close to factory height for winter.





Dr. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:09 PM   #55
Beaker
Senior Member
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 VW Golf R, 2016 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Z06
Location: Baltimore MD
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
Yes, I'm currently running them with MSS sport adjustables and superpro 0006K LCAs. Subframe is deadset with the 034 collars. I am pretty close to factory height for winter.





Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:19 AM   #56
Sandman GTI
Senior Member
 
Sandman GTI's Avatar
 
Drives: GTI MK7 Autobahn, PP, DCC+LP, 97 F-150 4.6L V8
Location: Tennessee USA
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8,061


No one else impressed with this picture?
Maybe I just live in the sticks.
__________________
Sandman
My Build Thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6100

Last edited by Sandman GTI; 02-06-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Sandman GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:56 AM   #57
Cuzoe
Member
 
Drives: MK4 GTI 1.8T, MK7 Golf TDI
Location: Los Angeles
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 46
I too am impressed. And I don't live in the sticks, unfortunately.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #58
034Motorsport
Senior Member
 
Drives: MkVII GTI, Dacia Sandero
Location: Fremont, CA
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 132
We are also impressed!
__________________
034Motorsport - Engineering and Manufacturing Performance Hardware & Software Upgrades for Volkswagen Enthusiasts Since 2005.

YouTube // Instagram // Facebook
034Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:58 PM   #59
Sandman GTI
Senior Member
 
Sandman GTI's Avatar
 
Drives: GTI MK7 Autobahn, PP, DCC+LP, 97 F-150 4.6L V8
Location: Tennessee USA
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8,061
034.
What are some new development items we might see?
__________________
Sandman
My Build Thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6100
Sandman GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:24 AM   #60
teemmy
Senior Member
 
teemmy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI
Location: Bay Area, CA
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 509
Any more updates on this? Want to hear some long term reviews, thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 White GTI S 6MT LP

EQ protuned IHX475 / RSR / Wavetrac
teemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #61
flipflp
Senior Member
 
flipflp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Golf R DSG
Location: San Gabriel, CA
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemmy View Post
Any more updates on this? Want to hear some long term reviews, thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got a few thousand daily driver miles and a few canyon runs on them now and nothing negative to report. Doing exactly what I wanted them to do. Well worth it.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
__________________
My Build Thread
R MHGERD, ERTS A BERD THRERD
flipflp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:37 PM   #62
Excelerate Rep
Senior Member
 
Excelerate Rep's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi's and VW's
Location: Branford, CT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,126
So glad 034 Nailed it with these. A lot of happy campers with MSS Kits (and others) and these mounts.



__________________
Excelerate Performance - Connecticut's Finest In Automotive
Master Distributor For | APR | AWE Tuning | MSS Spring Kits | 034 Motorsport | Stoptech and much more!

24/7 Online Store | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | You Tube | Flickr
Excelerate Rep is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.