GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Exterior / Interior Care (washing, detailing, exterior repairs)

View Poll Results: Chemical Guys or Adams Polishes
Chemical Guys 19 51.35%
Adams Polishes 18 48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2018, 10:19 PM   #35
Porknozzle

Drives: 2017 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
I just find their marketing tactics(colors and smells), and lack of fresh to the trade advice in videos very unappealing to me.
I feel the same way. There's one guy who does their videos who I could just smack. That and the obtuse names they give their products, especially their line of polishes.
Porknozzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #36
Porknozzle

Drives: 2017 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72k View Post
I should have respected the almighty CG user
Classy
Porknozzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #37
TroyScherer

Drives: GTI Autobahn LP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porknozzle View Post
In my experience EcoSmart doesn't cover any scratches, it just cleans your car without all that hose, multiple buckets, foam cannon nonsense. I actually did a six month long test with 5 different products, Griot's Spray Wash, Chemical Guys EcoSmart, both grades of Optimum no rise and the equivalent to a two-bucket wash. They all scratch... period. If my car is particularly dirty I'll run it through a touchless car wash to get most of the dirt off.

As for Blacklight I agree it's nothing special. I just use it because I have it but won't buy more. I'm currently top coating with Jet Seal which I like.

Peace out.

I'm cool with whatever everyone like to use. My theory is to find what you like and what works for you and use it often.

If you like Rinse-less type washes you should look into the Garry Dean "Infinite Use Detail Juice" and GLOSS SHOP "TRIFECTA". Both are really excellent washes as well as being super slick. The GLOSS SHOP "TRIFECTA" was made to be used with waxes as well as the Si02 coatings and the gloss and slickness it leaves behind is really something you have to experience as me telling you doesn't do it justice IMO.

I am always looking for new and better products and to help others if they are interested.
TroyScherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:09 PM   #38
c72k

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porknozzle View Post
Classy
Definition of holier than thou. I hope one day that I may be enlightened by your wisdom and power.
c72k is offline   Reply With Quote