GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

Old 01-14-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
tjbell

Drives: 2015 GTI SE
Returning member '15 SE

Hey all, I have returned with a '15 GTI SE 4 door.

Had a few questions on it.
I bought it CPO, but it has some mods and was tuned by Unitronics at some points (no idea how its not TD1 flagged)
It has every single receipt for every nut and bolt replaced, enthusiast owned.
sitting at 70k miles, its had 2 DSG services already.

Now, how can this thing have been tuned AND gotten a CPO? its in writing it has the 2 year 24k mile warranty.

What options are part of the SE package? so far I have seen leather, HID headlights, Fender audio.... anything else?\

I drive A LOT (read 40k a year)
Looking to go 250k miles, anything to worry about? It has a brand new VW IS20 on it now.
tjbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #2
tigeo

Drives: 2018 GSW S 4Motion DSG
I'm amazed someone would trade in a vehicle like this and not sell it outright to get it's full value. I guess on the CPO they don't do a full/deep scan of the ECU and it must not have ever been in for major service/repairs.
tigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
vwGTILife

Congrats on the buy, i just purchased the same model and year with the performance package in november. I bought it from a dealership as well. Sitting at around 34,000 miles right now. Its an awesome car and i love it so far.

As far as the SE package im not 100% what all comes standard and what is an add on but mine has the leather seats, fender audio, keyless entry, sunroof, and lighting package. I am definitely enjoying the entire package for sure. Bought it at 30,000 miles so im due for transmission service as well as the service on the differential that came with the performance package.

I dont have an answer to your quesion about the cpo.

Happy driving, getting 250,000 miles out of it sounds great to me lets hope for the best!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
vwGTILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:17 PM   #4
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Drives: Indium Grey MK7 R - Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeo View Post
I'm amazed someone would trade in a vehicle like this and not sell it outright to get it's full value. I guess on the CPO they don't do a full/deep scan of the ECU and it must not have ever been in for major service/repairs.
There was a cheap, manual R with 2000 miles in the lot and I couldn't help but piss more money away into this hobby

I figured I had to move fast so I made some compromises.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #5
chillax

Drives: 18 GTI SE
That is interesting. So what happens if there is a major problem and they have to do a full scan? I'm betting the dealer will have to eat the cost instead of VW reimbursing them for warranty work that technically shouldn't be covered.
chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #6
Jose_Gti

Drives: Golf GTI MK7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillax View Post
That is interesting. So what happens if there is a major problem and they have to do a full scan? I'm betting the dealer will have to eat the cost instead of VW reimbursing them for warranty work that technically shouldn't be covered.
It will be up to the dealer to fix any issue with the car on the side, because if they scan it, flag it TD1 and report it to VW there's nothing you can do even with the warranty on paper.
MT APR stage II APR Down Pipe. APR Intake. RS7 plugs/RS3 Coil Packs. 034 Dogbone. APR short shifter full system. ECS Clutch Bleeder Block. Billy Boat Resonator. TTRS Clutch kit. UBQ unibrace and Neuspeed sway bar. APR Intercooler + Apr boost hoses, apr turbo inlet pipe.
235/40ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3. BMS pedal tuner.
Jose_Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:27 PM   #7
jimlloyd40

Drives: 2018 Golf GTI SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_Gti View Post
It will be up to the dealer to fix any issue with the car on the side, because if they scan it, flag it TD1 and report it to VW there's nothing you can do even with the warranty on paper.

The dealer told me that when they hook your car up it's automatically sending it to VW and it's VW that flags it TD1 not the dealer.
jimlloyd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:03 AM   #8
chillax

Drives: 18 GTI SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_Gti View Post
I'm not sure how a dealer would miss a tune while certifying it. They have to pay a fee to VW for the certification so they would be foolish not to run a deep scan especially on a GTI.

Maybe they just ignored the tune so they could sell it at a higher price.

Either way this is good news for the buyer because now he has a tuned GTI under the 2 year bumper to bumper CPO warranty lol.
chillax is offline   Reply With Quote