GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD 11 with IPhone?

christianpalmq

Looking to purchase obd11, but I've heard you need a Android OS to use the app.

Can anyone clear this up? I have an iPhone.

Also, is OBD11 worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
The device itself is just one version. The "pro" is just an online account that unlocks features of the device. IMHO, the $30 pro activation is absolutely worth it. Without it, you can only do basic error scans and if you want to do any tweaks to any of the control systems you need to use built in "apps" that you pay to use each time. If you buy the pro account, you get full diagnostic capability plus the ability to manually code (which is what the "apps" do for you, as scripts), for free. Pro also gets you history and backup capability.

Just buy yourself a $30 burner Android, that's what I did.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
They are actually releasing an iPhone version. Requires a new dongle as the current one does not support low power Bluetooth that is required by iOS

dkennedy

Passed Driver's Ed
I ended up spending the small amount for pro as well & as others have mentioned, worth the small cost.

With respect to the device to use for the app, I bought a super cheap Android tablet that is used for nothing more than OBD11.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Echoing others.

Bought a super cheap Android Tablet.

Just make sure it runs whatever version of the Android OS that you will need.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Or ditch your crapple phone and upgrade your car and phone in the same motion ;)

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
If iOS is a must just wait a TBD amount of time until their iOS app is out.. Personally i can't wait to rebuy and get rid of my POS cheap android tablet.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I don't think I'd go too cheap with an Android device. Maybe a minimum would be a Nexus 5 level device. If you go too cheap...it'll run really slow. I've tried it on an old Galaxy Tab 2...and it's dirt slow.

AeroHead

Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Just got an 2018 GTI and I’m interested in OBD11 with an iPhone.

Some fairly recent videos indicate that iOS app doesn’t have all features and there are a bunch of bad reviews on the App Store.

Anybody have any luck with the iOS versions of OBD11?