GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk 7.5 Dash Bezel

Gordon F

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm thinking about changing my 8''mk 7 display screen for one from a 7.5.
Does anyone have the VW part number for the bezel (trim) and any idea of the cost from a main dealer? Have done a search on here but no luck so far.
Any help much appreciated :)

Storm19999

Passed Driver's Ed
If you have a gtd or base model it will be carbon black if you have a gti it can be carbon or gloss black. The larger glass sceen in a mk7.5 trim can come in silver/grey gloss or piano gloss black. So I changed all my trims bar the bar accross pass glove box as they are generally all carbon no matter what. And the one around the gear lever as only available complete centre console. I even put in virtual dash also and f@@@@@@ love it ��
I somewhere might still have part numbers.

Gordon F

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for that. I fitted the 7.5 screen today but now have the piano trim around the screen alongside the carbon effect round the clocks. If you have the part numbers for the other pieces of piano black trim, that would be great as VW themselves aren't massively helpful.
Was quoted for the trim for the 7.5 screen in piano black together with the air vents at £125 + vat from VW. Part number 5G2819728AJQYI.
I'm pleased with the result. Took about 20 mins including shaving one of the lugs on a connecting plug off with a stanley knife.

Storm19999

Passed Driver's Ed
Trims

I ended up getting my trims from eBay but from Germany as there quality was better and cheaper than uk. I paid same for my trim as these are popular and sell before rest of trims. My AID came secondhand with a good trim so was in luck. Just make sure your buying RHD I’d on eBay.

Thanks for that. I fitted the 7.5 screen today but now have the piano trim around the screen alongside the carbon effect round the clocks. If you have the part numbers for the other pieces of piano black trim, that would be great as VW themselves aren't massively helpful.
Was quoted for the trim for the 7.5 screen in piano black together with the air vents at £125 + vat from VW. Part number 5G2819728AJQYI.
I'm pleased with the result. Took about 20 mins including shaving one of the lugs on a connecting plug off with a stanley knife.

Drevo

I'm thinking about changing my 8''mk 7 display screen for one from a 7.5.

Does anyone have the VW part number for the bezel (trim) and any idea of the cost from a main dealer? Have done a search on here but no luck so far.

Any help much appreciated :)

I Think this is the part number
Not sure of cost though

5G2819743G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanDuda48

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI & GTD
Gordon, am I right in assuming that you just changed the display screen and not the head unit in the glove box? I was told that MIB 2.5 version (=Mk7.5) and MIB 2 (Mk7) are not compatible...