JK105

Passed Driver's Ed

This color.... wow...,

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
You can get a 2018 Autobahn for less than that.

Pick up a left-over 2018 for 8K discount. For example:

https://www.rockvillevolkswagen.com...gen-Golf_GTI-Autobahn-Rockville-MD/3218756603

$8k is not the real discount. By reading the fine print, you will see that those dealers will add back destination fee (part of window sticker), dealer fee and others fees. They have included all dealer offers in the listed price (for which no one will be eligible) and you will know the real discount only after contacting them.

cb1111

$8k is not the real discount. By reading the fine print, you will see that those dealers will add back destination fee (part of window sticker), dealer fee and others fees. They have included all dealer offers in the listed price (for which no one will be eligible) and you will know the real discount only after contacting them.
S right. I'm still surprised that even locals still fall for this.

From the fine print:

New vehicle pricing includes all dealer offers and dealer incentives and may not be combined with special financing and or lease offers. taxes, title, tags, freight, options and $300 processing fee not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser. All prices, specifications, and availability are subject to change without notice. Offers require financing or leasing and are therefore subject to credit approval. A $300 transfer fee will be charged to cover the cost of dealer transfers. Occasionally, pricing and data errors may occur on various vehicles and offers.

So let's break down this $7233 discount. Freight is added in ($850), options (DSG $1100, usual add-ins of $400 or so ~ $1500) then there is the $1500 in incentives of which you may qualify for one or two, but certainly not all of them (the partner is one you can qualify for), so let's include $1000.

So from that $7233 discount, we subtract $850, $1500 and $1000 so the discount is really $3883 and maybe $4383 if you qualify for the military/responder or recent graduate.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
You can get a 2018 Autobahn for less than that.

Pick up a left-over 2018 for 8K discount. For example:

https://www.rockvillevolkswagen.com...gen-Golf_GTI-Autobahn-Rockville-MD/3218756603

You didn’t read my last post of 29,386 OTD, however, I don’t want an autobahn. I don’t care about the fake leather, don’t want a sunroof, and the wheels on the autobahn are ugly as well. The autobahn is nice, but there’s been clearcoat issues, and rattling issues with the sunroof on some cars, I really don’t want the added features that I don’t need/want.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
You didn’t read my last post of 29,386 OTD, however, I don’t want an autobahn. I don’t care about the fake leather, don’t want a sunroof, and the wheels on the autobahn are ugly as well. The autobahn is nice, but there’s been clearcoat issues, and rattling issues with the sunroof on some cars, I really don’t want the added features that I don’t need/want.

The autobahn has leather seating surfaces and pleather backs.

I honestly would prefer it to be all pleather, but alas.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Fairfax VW has Rabbits under 26k. Excellent dealer, I flew from Chicago to West Virginia tonthem when I bought mine 3 years ago

wantone

Ready to race!
Fairfax VW has Rabbits under 26k. Excellent dealer, I flew from Chicago to West Virginia tonthem when I bought mine 3 years ago

West Virginia or Virginia? Cause Fairfax VW near me in VA has this fine print: Our best available offer for this vehicle is displayed. Price plus tax, tags, processing fee of $699 VA, freight ($895-$995), and appearance package of $249. All prices are exclusive internet prices only and will either require financing and or leasing through dealer choice rates subject to credit approval.

Which brings the Rabbit back up to $27,773 before TTL. Which comes out to a more realistic discount of $2652.

cb1111

West Virginia or Virginia? Cause Fairfax VW near me in VA has this fine print: Our best available offer for this vehicle is displayed. Price plus tax, tags, processing fee of $699 VA, freight ($895-$995), and appearance package of $249. All prices are exclusive internet prices only and will either require financing and or leasing through dealer choice rates subject to credit approval.

Which brings the Rabbit back up to $27,773 before TTL. Which comes out to a more realistic discount of $2652.
Not really. They also include the grad program discount ($500) in their price and a couple of extra points in interest, so another $1500.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
That's a terrible price. Especially in MD, lots of deals in that area.

Very possible, I'd say look as well. I saw some on the east coast advertising $26k or so for a Rabbit, and could probably get a bit below that. West coast most are running $31k all day long with a couple exceptions. Some of those exceptions are above $35k, one or two $27k.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Very possible, I'd say look as well. I saw some on the east coast advertising $26k or so for a Rabbit, and could probably get a bit below that. West coast most are running $31k all day long with a couple exceptions. Some of those exceptions are above $35k, one or two $27k.

Yeah, thats just the advertised price.

Most of those dealers include all possible incentives in their listed online price and no one ever would qualify for all of those included incentives. Also they add back destination fee (which is a part of window sticker) and exorbitant dealer processing fee.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Yeah, thats just the advertised price.

Most of those dealers include all possible incentives in their listed online price and no one ever would qualify for all of those included incentives. Also they add back destination fee (which is a part of window sticker) and exorbitant dealer processing fee.

Yeah, I'll be reviewing that kind of stuff again when we actually sit down to finalize. At this one I never saw an online (or other) price, as they didn't have one on their lot to advertise. Their doc fee was $5 over the Cali legal limit last I checked, but if that ends up being the only issue I'm not going to throw a fit over $5. They have the destination fee, but if it's on there twice one is going off. If there was any processing fee in the deal it was small enough to not throw off a flag (i.e., under $100).

They had a local advertising fee I told them I wasn't paying ($150). I also told them no local dealer stickers or anything on the vehicle unless they want to pay me for advertising (which I have a form gen'd up for that purpose covering the length of the loan and applicable at time of signing regardless how long I own the vehicle). They also dropped all the registration fees since I'm not doing it in Cali, that lost another $400+ (for starters) but that's OTD and not vehicle price. Florida's will be much cheaper (AD military).

Two of the other dealerships were willing to deal some, they're both just hours away whereas this one's local. Another that had the higher sticker didn't give any indication they planned to negotiate.

I do plan a few options, so that will probably raise it about $600-ish depending. But they also have options that 'come' with the vehicle. They tried telling me the ones that come with it have to be sold with it (emergency pack (ok), Monster mats (no thanks), cargo blocks (no thanks), and think one other). I told them I'm not paying for options I don't want. If they want to include them for free it's their call. I'd rather not have to drive 2-5 hours for a better deal but I know where the door is if they try.

cinderbike

Ready to race!
I was able to get a couple of dealerships in SoCal down to ~26k and some change but they wouldn't budge further. I would assume as the year ticks on those may come down to 24k but that is if they don't all sell before then. With 3,000 cars for the US there should still be plenty in a few months, but colors might be limited I'd guess. And Cornflower Blue seems to be the popular choice.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Yeah, I'll be reviewing that kind of stuff again when we actually sit down to finalize.

My comment was directed to your statement that "I saw some on the east coast advertising $26k or so for a Rabbit, and could probably get a bit below that". That will not be the final selling price before TTL once you contact them.