GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What clutch??

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
The alltrack uses the GTI's clutch, which isn't the same as ours.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I was told I should go with the Sachs 4 puck with the stock DMF when it's time for me to upgrade. Supposed to drive great.

Just to confirm, is Southbend the only aftermarket option for the 1.8t?

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
I installed a SMF in my MKV TDi and found no difference in chatter, engagement or drivability. Im expecting the same for this car.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
This should be and might be stickied in the top of the site but. Go to google. In search type.... site:golfmk7.com <anything you want> but take out the <> it will run a search of the site golfmk7.com and the keywords . Easiest way to search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I was told I should go with the Sachs 4 puck with the stock DMF when it's time for me to upgrade. Supposed to drive great.

Im having a hard time finding information about that set up. Im pretty set on getting a SMF though.

Again, the alltrack uses the GTI's clutch, not our clutch, so that setup doesn't exist for our cars.

Also, I have a single mass flywheel, and I don't regret it at all. The difference is basically negligible even in stop and go traffic. I've only recently noticed a very tiny amount of clutch chatter on very cold days when I'm really paying attention, but it's no louder than our injectors, or the rest of the engine.

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion
South Bend Stage 3 Daily just went in my 2017 GSW 4Motion. Breaking in currently but pleasantly surprised with lack of chatter I hear others talk about. Nice single leg workout going on right now though. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited: