GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stroker 1.8?

Centerman66

Passed Driver's Ed
HOLD ON a minute ?! what ? where ??! I may be dumb but I searched for that and found absolutely nothing... all tuning was for the 2.0L

if I can turn my stock 170HP 1.8 EA888 to 250-300HP reliably

TEACH ME MASTER !

also... I'm a toyota guy, this is my first VW lol
APR has a tune for your engine.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
As per the blog post they haven't tossed it on the dyno yet. As far as I'm aware the owner of this build isn't active here or on vortex, though I suppose you could directly contact the shop that did this if you had some questions.
He may have posted in some of the AT/Golf Facebook groups.

HOLD ON a minute ?! what ? where ??! I may be dumb but I searched for that and found absolutely nothing... all tuning was for the 2.0L

if I can turn my stock 170HP 1.8 EA888 to 250-300HP reliably
Tune only, 225-250hp, IS20(GTI turbo) 300hp, IS38(R turbo) 350hp+.

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
1.8tsi good for 500chp 450ctq
Why? Cuz breaking point on 2.0tsi is normally due to tq. Vvt works wonders.. for us to hit 400wtq is much farter into rpm ban where stresses will be much less. So all in all. Thats where i stand. Seeing that 11.44@120 car failed from fueling issue. And the 32psi mabo 20’timing car also failes from a fueling issues. Its safe to say my guesses are pretty spot on

Plus theres a mpi fbo boss500 alltrack supposedly putting down some power.

Seen 2.0 pistion rods crank. Seen 1.8 pistons rods and crank. Pretty beefy. Whoop whoop. Send it yall

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
That Alltrack build is nuts, and it's nice to know the port injection can be added to the 1.8t motor the same way it can with the GTI/R. Not that I plan on needing to go that far...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
Tune only, 225-250hp

whoa ? from 170HP to 225? with a tune and some bolt ons ??? this is my first VW... LOL ... how much reliable will it be after that ? because my 2018 have a tendency to ... reject an odor of prestone when I beat on it hard as a MF...

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
APR will get you there with a stage 1 tune. You can pay extra for their APR+ tune, which covers the drive train for the same period of time as your factory bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Excluding '15 model years (with the iffy turbos), as far as I'm aware there isn't a single story of a person blowing their car on stage 1.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
whoa ? from 170HP to 225? with a tune and some bolt ons ??? this is my first VW... LOL ... how much reliable will it be after that ? because my 2018 have a tendency to ... reject an odor of prestone when I beat on it hard as a MF...

Also keep in mind that the 250 is wheel horsepower. To be fair, the 1.8 actually makes 180-190 whp. Just a jb4 will get you 225+ depending on custom map 6 settings. APR is 250 whp and then there is Unitronic, Eurodyne, GIAC, United Motorsports all with an off the shelf tune for the 1.8. They even offer tunes for is20 and is38 turbo upgrades. Eurodyne has Maestro for full custom tuning. UM also just released this and GIAc is supposedly in the works for at least an Adjustable file. The 1.8 can easily handle 350/350 at the wheels. At that point fuel upgrades are needed. Then it's unknown on how much more it can hold. 400+whp I'm guessing.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Go to bwperformance.com. It is Bluewater Performance in Colorado. Guys name is Jaryd Thomson, he is an employee there. I have emailed him several times. Nice guy, very helpful. I have a lifted Alltrack, FBO IS20 etc. etc. I love the look of my Alltrack, i live in Maine and USE the extra height and better tires.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Also keep in mind that the 250 is wheel horsepower. To be fair, the 1.8 actually makes 180-190 whp. Just a jb4 will get you 225+ depending on custom map 6 settings. APR is 250 whp and then there is Unitronic, Eurodyne, GIAC, United Motorsports all with an off the shelf tune for the 1.8. They even offer tunes for is20 and is38 turbo upgrades. Eurodyne has Maestro for full custom tuning. UM also just released this and GIAc is supposedly in the works for at least an Adjustable file. The 1.8 can easily handle 350/350 at the wheels. At that point fuel upgrades are needed. Then it's unknown on how much more it can hold. 400+whp I'm guessing.
I'm pretty sure UM does not have full tune to the extent of Maestro. The have a file where you can adjust octane for timing and you can adjust boost. All using UM table values.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie