GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPB and Washing Your Car

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Turn off the "Hold" button below the parking switch.
Also, if you turn off the engine while still wearing your seat belt, the parking brake will not engage when opening door.

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Also, if you turn off the engine while still wearing your seat belt, the parking brake will not engage when opening door.

+1

It only engages automatically when Auto Hold is on.

Golf R1

Ready to race!
Good point, easy enough. I'll be turning auto hold back on immediately once driven next. Can't stand driving a car without it now that I'm hooked. Oddly, my wife's S3 doesn't have this feature. That was surprising to learn while purchasing.

tax guy

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't like the auto hold, at least with stick shift. Mine is off and that is why I never see the parking brake applied when I open the door, which is not a bad feature, but auto hold does not work well for me. Seems to interrupt my forward motion when I don't want it to, although it immediately releases.

Golf R1

Ready to race!
I don't like the auto hold, at least with stick shift. Mine is off and that is why I never see the parking brake applied when I open the door, which is not a bad feature, but auto hold does not work well for me. Seems to interrupt my forward motion when I don't want it to, although it immediately releases.
I would imagine it's way less useful with a manual. It's super convenient with a DSG.

pnwbrdr

Ready to race!

Agreed. On downhill slopes, it's odd when the car doesn't roll forward when you let up on the brake because of AutoHold. I leave it off, and turn it on when I'm on a steep uphill where I don't want any roll back, or sitting at a long light where I don't feel like continuing to press the brake.

Tigsel

Ready to race!

I was the same way until I adjusted the sensitivity. Feels less grabby now when moving forward.

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
Autohold is nice when pulling the car onto my ramps for oil changes, but otherwise, I leave it off.