GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New member MK7 Gti PP tuning advive

wolly440

Morning everyone. Names Neil from Cheshire. Just put a deposit on a 63 reg Golf Gti PP. Was looking for some advice on tuning. What's the best route to go down, remapping or tuning boxes. Any recommendations for tuners in the northwest or tuning boxes you've used. Also any other mods that would compliment the above (reasonably priced)

Thanks in advance

Neil

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Welcome, the DTUK is the best known tuning box in the UK by far and people that have it have nothing but good things to say about it if you are under warranty.

I have just run in a new DSG box in and tried one I borrowed for a few days and it really transforms the car and you can adjust the power delivery easily. Easy to put on as well with 3 plugs, 2 on the top of the engine and one underneath that requires the undertray to be dropped.

I also have a pedal box that sharpens the throttle response up (also adjustable to suit your needs). With and without the pedal box you can feel the extra power and torque. I would definitely have one if under warranty as they are easy to put on and remove without the TD1 flag on the ECU.

Still debating if to buy it or go for a remap as I have had them in the past on my older (BMWs) cars and the DTUK box felt just as good and with VW ones they are similar power and torque figures.

wolly440

Thanks Finglonga, was thinking of DTUK, there website claim an increase to 316bhp :eek: That's more than enough for me. Do many pop up for sale on here?

Luke B

JB1 or JB4

Hi

The offerings from Burgertuning, the JB1 & JB4 are worth a look. I had a JB1 on my Leon Cupra 280 ST, then upgraded to a JB4, progressing on to inculde bolt ons. The JB1 is untraceable to a dealer, if installation & removal instructions are followed correctly. Check out the American forums, they're very popular there. Or take a look at NVM's website for a few worked examples. The support from George from Burgertuning is very good too.