GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 R - cruise control exclamation point

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
Couldn't find a solution for this after searching...

The other day I noticed that when I click the cruise control ON button (not set) - I get this dumb exclamation point on the MFD. I then can't utilize control unless I turn the car off and on. Today I played with it some more, I actually was able to turn it on, set cruise. Cancel it. Turn it on again, set cruise, no problem. The 3rd or 4th time, I turn cruise on and theres the lovely exclamation mark.

Any idea whats up?

IMG_20180613_180413.jpg

starkberger

Had this in my MY16 R and it took taking it in for warranty work on the front sensor that fixed it. The front sensor had been hit by something and had to be reattached and calibrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
Had this in my MY16 R and it took taking it in for warranty work on the front sensor that fixed it. The front sensor had been hit by something and had to be reattached and calibrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Front parking sensor? I don't have adaptive cruise control....

Yes I think my brake lights work properly. Brake light recall reminds me of my mk4 r32 :)

starkberger

In other words, it could simply be the computer that needs to be looked at or it is a hardware issue that something needs to be replaced. Either way, you probably want to get it looked at unless you have VCDS and want to look through all the code *edit ‘to’ diagnose the software...

**Edit: or you could reset the computer by unplugging the battery and see if that changes anything, but keep in mind that will reset everything else as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
It is a warning light indicating that the engine RPM is restricted (that's supposed to be a tach, next to the exclamation point) due to an engine component fault. I had this come on when one of the camshaft adjusters failed and needed to be replaced. I'd get over to my dealer ASAP.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
It is a warning light indicating that the engine RPM is restricted (that's supposed to be a tach, next to the exclamation point) due to an engine component fault. I had this come on when one of the camshaft adjusters failed and needed to be replaced. I'd get over to my dealer ASAP.

Uh.. WUT? That's the cruise control symbol.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Do your brake lights function properly or are they constantly on?

You didn't happen to own a Mk4 did you...the brake light switch would fail (recall issued) and cruise control wouldn't work. Wasn't fun when you are slowing down and notice cars seeming like they are tail gating when really...your break lights don't work. I loved my MK4 but it had it's nuances with electrical stuff for sure!