GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R recall

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
It would not be a lie if I said I am waiting for all the bugs to be worked out before I pull the trigger on my MK7.5 Golf-R with DSG.....

It's hard to tell when, or if that ever happens. The 2015 R's and 2017 R's had some problems yet 2016's seem to be almost problem-free. In 12,000 miles I really only had a LF wheel speed sensor give me a problem. I have a code stored relating to the sound system, but I'll wait until the car is just under 3 years-old to get it looked at since it's not affecting anything. I wouldn't even know it was there if I didn't have a VCDS.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
^^ Yeah, my 17 Golf-R's HU has some weird issue where I need to pull out the SD card after using VR to select artist/album, otherwise the next time I start the car the feature doesn't work. If I scroll through the menu via touch panel to select artist or album, no issue.

I don't have this issue on my 16 GTI. Not that it matters as I use CarPlay most of the time.

adam1991

Banned
another quality post bud.

yeah, because understanding how to find stuff like this (even understanding that it exists in the first place) is complex and takes a village. Clearly, you're right; there's no way the average Joe could possibly understand any of this, or know that VW would have this information online--let alone find a link to it.

cb1111

yeah, because understanding how to find stuff like this (even understanding that it exists in the first place) is complex and takes a village. Clearly, you're right; there's no way the average Joe could possibly understand any of this, or know that VW would have this information online--let alone find a link to it.

Gee, somebody said my car might have a recall. I wonder where I might find actual reliable information? I guess I could:

Google it - nahh, too many results
Go to Safercar.gov - nahh, WTF does the government know
Go to the manufacturer website - nahh, why would the manufacturer have any clue about recalls
Random people on the interwebs - BINGO.

adam1991

Banned
Gee, somebody said my car might have a recall. I wonder where I might find actual reliable information? I guess I could:

Google it - nahh, too many results
Go to Safercar.gov - nahh, WTF does the government know
Go to the manufacturer website - nahh, why would the manufacturer have any clue about recalls
Random people on the interwebs - BINGO.

The same random people on the interwebs whose fathers are lemon law lawyers--ergo, people who must by definition know everything (age notwithstanding).

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The same random people on the interwebs whose fathers are lemon law lawyers--ergo, people who must by definition know everything (age notwithstanding).

That one was the best. I didn't know you can get a new car for minor issues. My wheels get dirty fast, must be a defect.

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Wow, almost forgot why I don't post here anymore haha. Like I said, service manager had a recall pop up on his computer. I started doubting it the next day when I couldn't find it online and did my own research to find out there was none. I apologized for the misinformation and so did the VW guy the next day. Get some hobbies people.