GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI vs FK8 Type R

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yeah I saw same thing I believe on a Vitviper tuned Type R. 360-370 whp fbo tune.
Thats pretty dam good, pretty much is38 powe with bolt ons. The Gti is impressive in its own right because vw leaves lot of room on table for power from factory.
This is mk7 forum. So were owning gtis and Rs, around here.
I would not go to a dealer today trade in my gti, and spend the extra cash for the Civic.
But every review I see, anytime you get a pro driver in one and they describe it as a very FUN car. It feels fast, sounds good, I think Honda did a darn good job on this car. But its 40k almost and fwd. You gotta really want one imo, to thrown down the money. For me no, for someone else? Sure

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I saw same thing I believe on a Vitviper tuned Type R. 360-370 whp fbo tune.
Thats pretty dam good, pretty much is38 powe with bolt ons. The Gti is impressive in its own right because vw leaves lot of room on table for power from factory.
I would not go to a dealer today trade in my gti, and spend the extra cash for the Civic.
But every review I see, anytime you get a pro driver in one and they describe it as a very FUN car. It feels fast, sounds good, I think Honda did a darn good job on this car. But its 40k almost and fwd. You gotta really want one imo, to thrown down the money. For me no, for someone else? Sure

Ya I saw the same thing. Vit was my tuner when I had my 8th gen Si.
Ya it's pretty solid numbers and right on par with a IS38 FBO.

I get what you mean. And the more I think about it, it's making a lateral move to something (sorta) similar but with a price increase. Doesn't make much sense.

The CTR (stock) only has the edge in terms of handling over the GTI. My current GTI is faster. To get the CTR as fast would require more $$$

Beamer2Clean

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Correct me if I am wrong but I’m pretty sure a stock dsg gti mk7 will beat a CTR up to the 1/8 mile point atleast

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion

The main issue for me is the looks of the car. Are the aero aids of the CTR there for a reason? I think so (minus those hideous rear "vents" in the bumper), but I'd be pretty embarrassed getting out of a car that looks like that in a suit at a client. I have seen one in real life (gray) and it does actually have an exotic look to it with all the vents and bulging fenders, but just not for me.

As the comparison article said, the CTR is tops when it comes to all out performance/driving pleasure and it does so with a compromise. The everyday ride and fit and finish aren't up the what the R offers. In the end, the R would be the best daily driver of all of them. That's where 99% of these cars will remain anyway and you don't have to deal with the looks of the CTR or that hideous interior.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1J2RBjhYZU

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Vit's numbers are on a MOTEC ECU that costs 3 grand plus.....I have seen tuned ones doing 330 or so. And Vit's was on an ethanol blend. i for one am a fan of the CTR. I actually really like it but in terms of extracting power, I don't think honda left too much on the table...

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Vit's numbers are on a MOTEC ECU that costs 3 grand plus.....I have seen tuned ones doing 330 or so. And Vit's was on an ethanol blend. i for one am a fan of the CTR. I actually really like it but in terms of extracting power, I don't think honda left too much on the table...

Ya after reading up a bit more, getting solid numbers (similar to IS38 numbers), might require upgrading the fueling or all together the turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Get it.. CTR is an amazing car and a way better “drive” than a GTI or Golf R. LOL at the people comparing modded cars to stock cars. It’s like when people compare modded GTR’s to Lamborghini’s.

I would rather have a modded GTR over a Lambo any day of the week. Fuck I'd rather have that 1200HP MK1 AWD two engine Golf than a Lambo. That being said I would never try to compare the two. Obviously the Lambo would loose in a race, but dayum if they don't have class when they loose, I don't know what does. Also Audi owns Lamborghini, so if you like it you are still a VAG fanboi.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Correct me if I am wrong but I’m pretty sure a stock dsg gti mk7 will beat a CTR up to the 1/8 mile point atleast

I'm not sure about that. The CTR has more power and grip off the line with no torque steer and only about 100lbs more weight. I am pretty sure the CTR would win by about a second or so.

But I am speculating as I haven't seen those two drag yet.