GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake pads

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Does the noise only happen after the car has been sitting for a while and then goes away after the first few stops? Or is it always there?

It's a money maker, there is no way you need new rotors after 45k. When teh rotors become warped, you start to feel some vibrating or pulsating when applying the brakes, if that's not happening then you don't need new rotors.

and you are 100% sure that they can be serviced properly?
most shops don't resurface rotors these days since the cost is not worth it.

I bought my 16 gti with 7k on it and the rotors are fucked, from sitting. they could be machined but by the time i take enough material off to get a smooth surface i'll be replacing them in a year or so.

For what i would pay to have them machined vs what new ones cost me it's not worth my time to do my brakes twice in approx a 12 month period

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Why? Rockauto has a wide selection of pads and good prices, I think even after conversion/duty it would still be cheaper than buying locally.

I’m amazed most people think buying online is always cheaper then your neighbourhood parts store. I’m finding most my local retailers are the same or close and if they’re not they’ll price match as long as it’s a .ca site.
If ordering online from outside Canada it depends on how much parcel is valued at, most things under $100 and it’s no hassle or duties. Unless it shipped UPS they like to bend you over the truck and have their way, call it a brokerage fee ?

faisalbasha

Ready to race!
I’m amazed most people think buying online is always cheaper then your neighbourhood parts store. I’m finding most my local retailers are the same or close and if they’re not they’ll price match as long as it’s a .ca site.

If ordering online from outside Canada it depends on how much parcel is valued at, most things under $100 and it’s no hassle or duties. Unless it shipped UPS they like to bend you over the truck and have their way, call it a brokerage fee [emoji15]

I think online is more expensive not to mention you have to wait weeks for your stuff to arrive. I completely agree that buying local is the same if not cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I’d refer to the service schedule in the manual. And stick to that sched regardless of tune.

Why keep taking it to the dealer for routine maintenance of you’ve nuked your powertrain warranty already?

mc55

Passed Driver's Ed
semmotorsports.com carries a bunch of stuff and is local (GTA), they also update their webstore all the time. If you need something give them a call.

BTW I have a Golf R and I do my oil changes every 6000km's. Just personal preference, on my Porsches I do it every 4k.