GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coffee bean smell in cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rgraphic

Passed Driver's Ed
I know there are other posts about smells during acceleration but I didn’t find a conclusive answer that sounded like my situation. Occasionally I’ll be accelerating and a very subtle smell like that of coffee beans will become noticeable and goes away after a minute or two. Doesn’t smell bad necessarily and happens very sporadically. Maybe once every couple weeks. This is my first car with a turbo, does it relate to that? The most recent time it happened I was climbing a hill but other tones it was merging onto a highway. I don’t push the car that hard and normally drive around standard rpms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rgraphic

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha no but she was the one that came up with the description. It’s pretty subtle and the car only has 3000 miles. Maybe still some sort of burn off?

Renck

Ready to race!
Did you check at the engine bay? Probably someone left one of these there:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
When my car was new, I'd smell what I think was burning oil or maybe it was my clutch, since the stock clutch feel was really vague and light, took a while to get used to.

My engine does burn oil though, but it's normal to burn 1qt every 1200 miles according to VW. It'll burn more when the car is new per the manual.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion

ryebread1

Also, this is the vendor classifieds. You’ll have better luck in another forum. Real advice: visually inspect the bay. I’ve had burning coolant that smelled like oil to me and like muffins to someone else... smell isn’t always the best diagnostic tool.

Rgraphic

Passed Driver's Ed
Also, this is the vendor classifieds. You’ll have better luck in another forum. Real advice: visually inspect the bay. I’ve had burning coolant that smelled like oil to me and like muffins to someone else... smell isn’t always the best diagnostic tool.

Lol. I bet I will have better luck in the other boards. I’m using Tapatalk, must be a bug. Didn’t mean to post here. Is there a way to move it? Thanks [emoji1303]

Status
Not open for further replies.