GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saint Louis

Spectre1

Hey everyone! I just picked up my '17 Reflex Silver GTI SE on Saturday (to replace my Mazda3 hatchback, which was t-boned a few weeks ago). Happy to stay in the hatchback mafia and loving the car so far. Hopefully I'll see you all around!

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Super bump!

2015 R here. What’s up?!

Exapplestl

Super Super Bump [emoji6]

Just got a 2018 GTI S last week how's the STL community?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Check STLVW, they have meets and a decent group of people. I was in it when I was out there for school.

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
I'm in O'Fallon on the IL side. I checked the STLVW page but doesn't seem like anything is planed at the moment.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Anybody interested in helping me make a custom splitter from my R400 kit? The fiberglass one that came with the kit broke during the last big snow so I bought a sheet of HPDE to make a replacement.

18GTISE

Car(s)
'18 VW GTI SE
What's up everyone! I got an '18 GTI SE in night blue on January 7th. I've had a black Jetta Wolfsburg and a reflex silver TDI Golf in the past. Coming from a 2016 WRX. I'm planning some mods, got some amazon aluminum shifter paddle replacements and I'm doing the Helix sub upgrade here in the next few weeks. Does anyone know if someone local has the programmer for the Helix DSP? I will rent one from the group in here if no one has one.

Tdemsko

This be in St. Louis thread is anyone on a stage 2 mk7 running into issues passing emissions Just wondering as I was thinking about adding a catted downpipe and going stage 2 uni

jfreezy

Car(s)
2015 Golf GTI
This be in St. Louis thread is anyone on a stage 2 mk7 running into issues passing emissions Just wondering as I was thinking about adding a catted downpipe and going stage 2 uni
I'm still Stage 1 (Waiting on Clutch so I can get tune.) but haven't had any issues with emissions. excluding the down pipe what work have you done to the exhaust?

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
This will be fun...
I am looking for a dealer local to St. Louis that doesn't mind working on "modified cars." My mk7 has an intake (that I bought it with) and mk7.5 taillights, and some other small items that shouldn't matter all that much (like colored badges and black wheels).

Its at Dean Team now because we have had good service with them, but didn't bother to look that far into my car because "it's modified." I noticed it thought the brakes were on 100% of the time the ignition was on, and finally found the wires to the brake light switch and brake fluid reservoir were, as near as makes no difference, cut in half. It is totally separate to anything else that could be modified on the car, but we did try to fix it rather unsuccessfully. Maybe some a wiring diagram would help, I don't know which wires go to where, even when we did switch them. I suppose it doesn't matter if the brake light switch uses the brake fluid reservoir's ground and vice versa.
Here is my more in-depth description (it's the last post):
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ke-light-switch-location.381010/#post-7599608

I am stuck and if anyone knows anything/anywhere let me know, it will be greatly apricated.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
This will be fun...
I am looking for a dealer local to St. Louis that doesn't mind working on "modified cars." My mk7 has an intake (that I bought it with) and mk7.5 taillights, and some other small items that shouldn't matter all that much (like colored badges and black wheels).

Its at Dean Team now because we have had good service with them, but didn't bother to look that far into my car because "it's modified." I noticed it thought the brakes were on 100% of the time the ignition was on, and finally found the wires to the brake light switch and brake fluid reservoir were, as near as makes no difference, cut in half. It is totally separate to anything else that could be modified on the car, but we did try to fix it rather unsuccessfully. Maybe some a wiring diagram would help, I don't know which wires go to where, even when we did switch them. I suppose it doesn't matter if the brake light switch uses the brake fluid reservoir's ground and vice versa.
Here is my more in-depth description (it's the last post):
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ke-light-switch-location.381010/#post-7599608

I am stuck and if anyone knows anything/anywhere let me know, it will be greatly apricated.

Try Bommarito VW of Hazelwood. The shop foreman there is a Master Tech and is well versed in both diagnosis and dealing with modified vehicles.

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
Try Bommarito VW of Hazelwood. The shop foreman there is a Master Tech and is well versed in both diagnosis and dealing with modified vehicles.
They won't deny my GTI for having the different tail lights? Dean Team didn't bother because there was a soft code for a short circuit/open circuit B+, even though they have worked fine previously.

Would I need to take the lights off to get it worked on there? I have little free time and it could change when I get it fixed.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
If you had a code related to the tail lights prior to the wires becoming damaged it will make fixing the issue trickier and may result in paying for more hours of labor. I would swap the lights back if possible to ensure the quickest and cheapest repair.