GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ottawa-Toronto-Montréal

Ehlectric

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know roughly what it costs to install some springs? VW Hunt Club said it takes 6 hours at 132 an hour.... I'd like to do it myself, but don't have the tools / location to do so.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone know roughly what it costs to install some springs? VW Hunt Club said it takes 6 hours at 132 an hour.... I'd like to do it myself, but don't have the tools / location to do so.

What tools do you need? I did myself. Was annoying doing 2*4 method but not that bad. Rears took one hour for both. Fronts were about 1 hour to 1.5 each. Do you have a driveway? That's where I did mine.

Rodgers performance quoted me 450 with alignment. Shop is immaculately clean, would totally trust them.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Should only take roughly 3 hours
When I called a shop they quoted me 300 plus tax
Ended up doing it myself wasn't that hard for me anyway

blitz869

Passed Driver's Ed
Had my Audi done at Rodgers performance. Paid 450$ dropped the car off, they gave me a loaner. I picked it up at the end of the day.

m00se

Ready to race!
A shop should be charging about 2.5 hours for the front and 0.5 for the rears. That what I paid for at Metric. $450 for install + alignment seems about right. Although I'd recommend having your alignment done a couple days after install

m00se

Ready to race!
Anyone in the Ottawa/Gatineau region would be down for a little meet and greet and/or cruise in the Gatineau park sometimes this month?

Ehlectric

Passed Driver's Ed
What tools do you need? I did myself. Was annoying doing 2*4 method but not that bad. Rears took one hour for both. Fronts were about 1 hour to 1.5 each. Do you have a driveway? That's where I did mine.

Rodgers performance quoted me 450 with alignment. Shop is immaculately clean, would totally trust them.

Unfortunately no I live in an apartment. Might be able to do it in the garage. All I have is a basic socket set.

Thanks for all the responses though!

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Unfortunately no I live in an apartment. Might be able to do it in the garage. All I have is a basic socket set.

Thanks for all the responses though!

Youll need a jack and would prefer to have a torque wrench to loosen the strut dampen shaft bolt. For strut spreader, I used a 1/4" ratchet.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone in the Ottawa/Gatineau region would be down for a little meet and greet and/or cruise in the Gatineau park sometimes this month?

I am out of commission until first weekend of june probably due to some engagements on weekends/sports during the week. Ideally we could all head up to luskville one weekend. I think Sam (613B6) will probably be wanting to go back soon to go mid low 11's. :D My clutch will hopefully be installed by then too.

m00se

Ready to race!
I am out of commission until first weekend of june probably due to some engagements on weekends/sports during the week. Ideally we could all head up to luskville one weekend. I think Sam (613B6) will probably be wanting to go back soon to go mid low 11's. :D My clutch will hopefully be installed by then too.

That would work too. I'm pretty close to Luskville anyway, so it's not a big detour. I'd try it out just for fun, I've never actually done a quarter mile drag, I've only ever been to Calabogie a couple of times (not with this car though).

613B6

Ready to race!

Dieing to get back, damn rain all the time. Got some rubber on now and a few more bolt-ons lol I saw GIAC went 11.5@120 so I know its possible with a good 60ft.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Dieing to get back, damn rain all the time. Got some rubber on now and a few more bolt-ons lol I saw GIAC went 11.5@120 so I know its possible with a good 60ft.

Me too....I have been having dreams of hitting mid low 12's! You are right though. Once I get the clutch in I am going to launch way more aggressive. Just got to find a way to build some boost, cut a 1.8 60' or so.

You shouldn't have an issue beating that time. BTW the GIAC cars pull seats and spare etc. I believe. Aren't you still full weight? You are already 100lbs over the curb weight of an R - big advantage. 100lbs + traction = 121-122mph.
I am going to take the passenger and rear seats out and run 1/8th tank of an E85/94 blend. Clutch should be in first week of June.

Last edited:

613B6

Ready to race!
Me too....I have been having dreams of hitting mid low 12's! You are right though. Once I get the clutch in I am going to launch way more aggressive. Just got to find a way to build some boost, cut a 1.8 60' or so.

You shouldn't have an issue beating that time. BTW the GIAC cars pull seats and spare etc. I believe. Aren't you still full weight? You are already 100lbs over the curb weight of an R - big advantage. 100lbs + traction = 121-122mph.
I am going to take the passenger and rear seats out and run 1/8th tank of an E85/94 blend. Clutch should be in first week of June.

Good burnout and a 1.8x 60 and you be low 12s for sure.

Ya, I'm still full weight and heavier stock than an R. I should at least pull the back seats out next time I head up but I'm just so lazy for that .1-.2 lol