GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
This kit is used by a lot of big turbo cars and engine builders.
Because of the less mass on the disc, it takes less force to move and less time for it to fully disengage form the pressure plate/flywheel. With the DKM I was getting at random second to third gear lock out when doing a 40roll. Just over all this kit just feels like it reacts faster then the DKM, having the clutch engagement at the top of the pedal makes it so much better for daily driving.

thanks GTIman need to find more reviews of this Sachs 4puck for sure. unless i'm mistaken seems like we can use SMF or DMF choice is ours with the same clutch. DMF though how many ft/lbs is the design limit? 500ft/lbs more/less?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Some one that has the 4 puck should start a review thread for the 4 puck to keep things separate and less confusing for people to keep track of

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Since this was not a diy job, I'm not going to pay to bench bleed and then have to pay again to do an potential RMA. I'm only going to go in there once.

Do you have an earlier kit with the old TOB or one with the updated LUK TOB?

I scheduled the install with my dealer. Considering it's the 2nd and last free clutch install they're giving me, I'll be PISSED if there is any hardware related issue once it's installed. They're also gonna readjust my trans/engine mount + install the iabed RMS so want any potential trans issues off my mind for the rest of eternity....

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Do you have an earlier kit with the old TOB or one with the updated LUK TOB?

I scheduled the install with my dealer. Considering it's the 2nd and last free clutch install they're giving me, I'll be PISSED if there is any hardware related issue once it's installed. They're also gonna readjust my trans/engine mount + install the iabed RMS so want any potential trans issues off my mind for the rest of eternity....
I went with a Valeo TOB. My kit had come with a FTE and I already had gotten the Valeo before Clifton offered me a LuK. Clifton called it a quality unit and suitable for the job.

Sent from some random mobile time waster.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Well I managed to have it now lock in second, while moving. Getting highly annoyed. Two days without a response on the ticket or from Clifton.

Sent from some random mobile time waster.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
Well, I sold my DKM kit and am going with the Sachs 4 puck. It's going in the car next week. If I ever make enough torque to need to go twin disk (or triple disk), I'll go Sachs as well. Maybe DKM is having growing pains, or maybe they will be another internet legend that failed to live up to the promises (anyone remember EIP Tuning), but I don't want to wait to find out.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Well, I sold my DKM kit and am going with the Sachs 4 puck. It's going in the car next week. If I ever make enough torque to need to go twin disk (or triple disk), I'll go Sachs as well. Maybe DKM is having growing pains, or maybe they will be another internet legend that failed to live up to the promises (anyone remember EIP Tuning), but I don't want to wait to find out.

Looking forward to your review of the 4puck. hope you can post some of your thoughts on it. even though I like RSR hybrid (having the RSR normal) but heard some folks had slip issues; and definitely i like SB (but would need to deal with chatter), this Sachs 4puck i have heard you can go with DMF or SMF. which are you going with? with DMF is there a holding limit? good luck with everything!! hope you post up!

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
Looking forward to your review of the 4puck. hope you can post some of your thoughts on it. even though I like RSR hybrid (having the RSR normal) but heard some folks had slip issues; and definitely i like SB (but would need to deal with chatter), this Sachs 4puck i have heard you can go with DMF or SMF. which are you going with? with DMF is there a holding limit? good luck with everything!! hope you post up!

DMF, it's rated for about 600 ft lbs, so should be all set for a while.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
What did yall do for breakin mileage?

I'm currently at around 620-ish miles post install, going a little less easy to 1000 (still on stock tune, no hard take offs, trying to keep boost under 10 as opposed to under 5 during the first 5-600, haven't revved past 3500).

I can't wait to floor it after the 1k, it's been rough :D:D

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I'm currently at around 620-ish miles post install, going a little less easy to 1000 (still on stock tune, no hard take offs, trying to keep boost under 10 as opposed to under 5 during the first 5-600, haven't revved past 3500).

I can't wait to floor it after the 1k, it's been rough :D:D

Oof you been better than me. Been a few 4k revs. but nothing hard till say yesterday. took 5th gear up to 90 just for fun.

The last 300 I'm gonna continue to be easy. Its so hard.

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Miles on car = 35K
Miles on clutch = 1100 miles
Purchased Oct, 18. installed Nov, 18

Roughly 800 break in miles of 5 - psi under 4K on Stratified stock clutch base tune. Babied it because of the horror stories. At 1150 miles did a hard 2nd to 3rd pull. Literally seemed to "soften" the grab of the clutch from that 1st pull. A bit odd to me. Haven't done much driving last few weeks. Same issue as Turtle. Hard come an go shutter from 1st , Rev. Pedal has softened a lot since initial break in. Once the weather clears up I plan on running the require 3rd gear logs for the tune. I will definitely keep you guys posted. And very much appreciate everyones feed back. Keep it up boys. Lets all pray us new Owners dont get the shaft on this very pricey clutch