GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone from Utah?

Twekd95ss

I recently purchased a tsi. I'm wondering does anyone else have one if so what supporting mods do you have? I'm new to the newer generation vw's this is a whole new realm for me. I've done countless searches but I just wanted to hear from some people what they've done and what they like and don't like, which steps to take first etc. Thanks guys :D

LurpyGeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Present.

I have a 2016 GTI S with a manual transmission.

Before you go looking for mods to do, drive the car for a bit and decide whether there are things you would like to change. Those will be where you should focus your modding efforts / dollars.

It all depends on what you have to spend and what you want to do with your car.

Twekd95ss

That makes sense, I've had it since August. I have the 1.8 unfortunately but it's a fun car to have doesn't compare to the gto by any means lol but it's so fun to drive. I want to eventually get a 13.5 out of it I ran a R32 the other day I was on his bumper the entire time nothing special but it made me happy. For starts I'd like to do the basics of course, exhaust cold air intake and tune and go from there. speaking of tunes who would you recommend? My buddy goes to streamline but I hear a lot of hit and miss with those guys my other friend took his gti there and the tune was garbage but I do hear they're one of the best, just wanna weigh out my options on that aspect, thanks for the imput!

Wyrmdog

A little late to the party. I just picked up a pristine GTI. It's my first VW and I'll be damned if it isn't amazing.

I know that an APR tune can make even a TSI a beast, but I am not sure where to do that in Utah. I will have to look into Streamline. Can anyone speak to Turbo Lab down south? I reached out to them once before for a different car but they never did get back to me and I eventually decided against modding that car.

Not sure who else to look at, yet. I will post back here if/when I figure something out.

Noktrnl

Hey! Just realized I never roll called but I'm down in Southern Utah. I've only seen a handful of GTI's around here, anyone else around the STG area?

Somnus

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2008 A4
Are we still raising hands for roll call? I have a 2017 GTI and its been one of the best cars I have owned mostly due to the fact that I love tweaking the crap out of it.

Im in the Layton <-> Salt Lake area

As far as first mods go, as stated previously, a tune is the single best thing I have done so far (aside from adding the LP headlights). these engines (even the 1.8T) have so much potential for power.