GOLFMKV

Superpro to be offering new fixed camber plates

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Can you point me to a 034 camber plate failure?
I don't think you'll find one. Their motor mounts have failed and that's probably what he is referring to. The camber plates are unlikely to imo.

I'm surprised the SuperPro are cheaper, their stuff is usually mucho $$$.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Is 1.4 degrees some magical number for extra camber?

Since these Superpros add exactly 1.4 degrees just like the 034 ones, were Superpro engineers saying "Let's do the exact same thing as these other guys 'coz f*ck options" ??

..while at the same time offering 2 different LCAs with different caster..? :confused:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Is 1.4 degrees some magical number for extra camber?

Since these Superpros add exactly 1.4 degrees just like the 034 ones, were Superpro engineers saying "Let's do the exact same thing as these other guys 'coz f*ck options" ??

..while at the same time offering 2 different LCAs with different caster..? :confused:

More likely is they're exactly the same product

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
More likely is they're exactly the same product

They look clearly different:

Or it's a space limitation within the strut tower

That's a possibility, we would need someone who's played around with adjustable camber plates to chime in.

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
They look clearly different:

That's a possibility, we would need someone who's played around with adjustable camber plates to chime in.
The GSW (and I suspect the standard Golf) both have big coil OD, around 6.25".

When I first received adjustable Vorshlag plates, I could only get 3/5 adjustment on the drivers side before the spring would rub on the inside of the strut tower. This was roughly at 1.5 degrees adjustment...so yeah these fixed plates could be addressing the packaging.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
I have the 034s and in my case a small amount of grinding (about 1/2") to the shock tower aperture was required to keep the top of the strut shaft from contacting the edge of the aperture (on KW V2s). A minor gripe really, but do have the grinder ready. ;)

teemmy

Ready to race!
Just mounted these on and they’re great. But i also had to take a grinder as the top of my front dampers came in contact with the opening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teemmy

Ready to race!
First impressions - these are great. Early turn in understeer and mid turn understeer is eliminated. Very little NVH - maybe a tiny bit of increased noise over harsher bumps, but not much at all.

Really happy with these and I highly recommend.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Wow, I guess I didn't expect them to require grinding. Do the 034 units require grinding out the tower too?

Teemmy, any more thoughts on the improvements?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
The GSW (and I suspect the standard Golf) both have big coil OD, around 6.25".

When I first received adjustable Vorshlag plates, I could only get 3/5 adjustment on the drivers side before the spring would rub on the inside of the strut tower. This was roughly at 1.5 degrees adjustment...so yeah these fixed plates could be addressing the packaging.

Now 1.4 makes perfect sense. With coils I'm able to run 2.4+ on the Vorshlag plates with plenty of clearance

Wow, I guess I didn't expect them to require grinding. Do the 034 units require grinding out the tower too?

I cut the tops of the towers to enlarge the holes for easier caster adjustment. The cowl covers the tops so it's not noticeable. Plus all the cool kids are doing it!

Swoope

Ready to race!
First impressions - these are great. Early turn in understeer and mid turn understeer is eliminated. Very little NVH - maybe a tiny bit of increased noise over harsher bumps, but not much at all.

Really happy with these and I highly recommend.

hey,

what suspension are you on now, and how much have you lowered it?

what did you end up with for camber after alignment or check?

i put a hard day on sebring long course and was shocked at how well 200tw tires held up camber wise compared to the pss.

beers

Mk7Will

Ready to race!

Teemmy, any more thoughts on the improvements?

You have to cut/grind your shock towers when you have an aftermarket coilover I use the 034 mounts with KW's and I had to grind out my shock tower. The factory shock thread length is not as tall and will fit under