GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
I cannot find CSS rear springs part no. anywhere.

I wonder if going with CSS fronts (5Q0411105JF) and CS rears (5Q0511115HL) would cause any issues, like weird rake? I kinda remember the ride heights being different between CS and CSS..

I don't think it would be a spring rate mismatch since they cannot be that far apart in that regard (CS vs CSS rear spring rates), but the ride height resulting in weird rake worries me..

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I can measure my ride height at the rear if you like?
There is bit of rake from the factory as you can see.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
I can measure my ride height at the rear if you like?
There is bit of rake from the factory as you can see.

Sure, if you could measure fender-to-center cap front and rear that would be awesome!!

TIA!

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I cannot find CSS rear springs part no. anywhere.

I wonder if going with CSS fronts (5Q0411105JF) and CS rears (5Q0511115HL) would cause any issues, like weird rake? I kinda remember the ride heights being different between CS and CSS..

I don't think it would be a spring rate mismatch since they cannot be that far apart in that regard (CS vs CSS rear spring rates), but the ride height resulting in weird rake worries me..

I imagine it'd be slightly raked, but likely not enough to worry about so long as headlight range is corrected.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
I imagine it'd be slightly raked, but likely not enough to worry about so long as headlight range is corrected.

I could live with the stock rake of the CS, but I'm afraid with the CSS front springs and CS rears it would have a much more pronounced rake, since from what I remember the CSS has a lower ride height than the CS.

It would be great if someone could find the CSS rear spring part no., I can't seem to find it anywhere.. :confused:

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Stock CS heights centre of wheel to guard.
Front 345mm
Rear 357mm

Thank you!

I don't have Instagram (or FB :p ), but there's no part number on the springs, they have color coded dots.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
This guy reckons same part number for all GTI rear springs. Doesn't quote a source though

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8261617-Clubsport-S-parts&p=109298281

Not true. CS rear spring is 5Q0511115HL, GTI PP rear spring is 5Q0511115HM.

You could find them on e-acca, or here:
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts...e1/118645-2-0-gti-clubsport?parameter[100]=HA

Pretty sure CSS has different rear springs than both, since fronts are different and the CSS has lower ride height.

Last edited:

Jakee95GTI

Hi all, I currently have the CSS rear muffler on my car and love it but I want it to sound more like the actual CSS would it be worth getting the front silencer and downpipe or save myself money and just get a res delete?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
In what way do you want it to sound like a CSS? It has a unique tune that brings most of the character. IE even the pops and bangs are different to a CS.
Don’t bother with the dump pipe. It’s blood money for what it is and won’t make much of a difference. But hard to suggest something until I know exactly what you are after. As it should already be pretty similar with the muffler change.

Jakee95GTI

Comparing the exhaust tone the CSS sounds far more aggressive and louder than mine, is this down to the tune being different ( bangs on upshifts, overrruns etc)? Would having the CSS front/mid muffler (resonator) help it sound louder/more aggressive?

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Comparing the exhaust tone the CSS sounds far more aggressive and louder than mine, is this down to the tune being different ( bangs on upshifts, overrruns etc)? Would having the CSS front/mid muffler (resonator) help it sound louder/more aggressive?

Map, R engine/turbo, overrun, muffler. Do you just want something slightly louder than stock? Pick up the Clubsport S muffler and call it a day.

You want something more aggressive than that, you’ll have to upgrade the downpipe and resonator (to cut down on drone). You can use the Clubsport S muffler still and experiment on which downpipe/res to use or just get a turboback setup. One of the forum members here, Gti jake, makes a mean sounding turboback setup. Just don’t know how expensive it is to get shipped to the UK.

If you want the overruns, get a tune. I’m sure plenty of UK tuners out there who can make it happen. You can make it sound OEM-like, similar to the Clubsport, with some burbles or straight up like gunshots.

https://youtu.be/Sd1VJZPIFw0 - Stock Clubsport with only Clubsport S muffler changed