GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Veloster Turbo R

Danosaurus

Ready to race!
I came from a Sonata 2.0T limited back in July (it was a 2011) to my new 18 Golf R.

I have to say, I never hated my car or Hyundai while I was an owner, and to see the cars coming out now, I’m impressed.

There’s some potential in this Veloster. While owning my Sonata I was always envious of the size and style (that matte color was great too in my eyes) but after driving it, I realized just how much I loved the output of the 2.0 Theta II engine. Sure, it was a big car, but in a straight line, it was great.

Anyway, from 2011 to now, Hyundai has really improved their lineup (look at the titted out G70!). I’d like to see who buys these Velosters, and what they do with them. But I don’t want one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HighQuality_H20

Passed Driver's Ed
turbo r has that bumper to bumper 100,000 mile warranty. The speakers on the Turbo R is pretty horrendous in my opinion.

i test drove the civic si it was a cool car. Awsome gear box. civic si has that active damper system which is pretty cool.

but it was too low for chicago winters.

If i lived in a warm climate i might have gone with the SI over the GTI

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Does hyundai even have an aftermarket as big as VW?
Having done fairly extensive work on a new Elantra Sport, their aftermarket is comparatively tiny. Hyundai is very much a new player in the enthusiast market, so it's not really a fair comparison when you compare it to say VW or Honda who have had active and enthusiastic support from the aftermarket stretching back decades.

As an aside the 1.6t they use is an absolute pain in the ass to work on. Whole damn thing is angled back some 15 degrees, and if you want to get to the turbo you have to drop the whole bloody subframe. Not to mention that thanks to the angling there simply isn't the space to work with in the engine bay compared to what's found in the Golf.

Honestly I never thought I'd see the day where the German car was easier to work on than the Korean offering.

Yoliber

Ready to race!
Hahaha that’s interesting. I actually really like that 1.6t. I think it’s great for it’s purpose but yeah that sounds like a packaging nightmare. I hope Hyundai breaks some neck with the N. The Koreans have been putting in some hard work.

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
Hahaha that’s interesting. I actually really like that 1.6t. I think it’s great for it’s purpose but yeah that sounds like a packaging nightmare. I hope Hyundai breaks some neck with the N. The Koreans have been putting in some hard work.

I have a Tucson Sport with the 1.6T and it's a good little motor. The Veloster N and i30N are beasts. One youtube channel put a few bolt-ons and a piggy back on an i30N and got 350WHP. Sounded mean too.