GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Someone’s eqt putting in work

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I can't find what these cars (n54) run really. I know I ran one when I was IS38 on pump gas and bussed him, and he was FBO E40 MHD because we stopped to talk after.

I went 123mph the next day at my local 1/4 :D

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I can't find what these cars run really. I know I ran one when I was IS38 on pump gas and bussed him, and he was FBO E40 MHD because we stopped to talk after.

You raced a 335i? What is MHD?

The BMWs seen to be the most hit or miss cars out there. I've seen some very fast ones with very basic mods, and some very modded ones that trap like 110.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
You raced a 335i? What is MHD?

The BMWs seen to be the most hit or miss cars out there. I've seen some very fast ones with very basic mods, and some very modded ones that trap like 110.

Yeah sorry, that was some key information missing. It was an E40 N54.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
lmao so much hate in the comments...people talk shit about what they are scared of...we all know the excuses there made once the GTI murdered them...bald tires, slipping clutch, etc. He was rolling the camaro...no point to continue when it was clear as day that SS wasnt gonna catch up

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I can't find what these cars (n54) run really. I know I ran one when I was IS38 on pump gas and bussed him, and he was FBO E40 MHD because we stopped to talk after.

The older twin turboed 335i n54s can get pretty quick fbo and jb4 with MHD back end flashes. MHD is like our base maps. Jb custom map 7 let's them dial in ethanol blends.

To give a comparison I probably have the fastest is20 car in the tri state and a stock turbo n54 can still pull me up top with fbo and full e. Pump gas I get em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJaXQbAI7c

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
FWIW, my other car is an e90 335i. I have owned it for 5 years and have tatefully modded it. I used a tune via cobb AP and well-known tuner. It has an upgraded fmic and supporting mods. No pipes or exhaust. Its fast, very fast. Just using pump gas.

My GTI is stage 2 pump gas with DP. Thats it. Very quick too. Not in the same stratosphere as the bmw. The N54 is th best BMW Motor ever made, IMO. I had an e46 M3 with the beloved S54 as well.

I can tell you that i have owned a few cars and this GTI is tops. Its truly an awsome, fun bad ass car to drive. I traded in a 2007 911 C2S for my GTI. I like it better than that. We have great cars here, boys. I enjoy every drive!

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
Wow that's quite an endorsement! :)

Please keep in mind the brakes and handling are to die for on the Porsche. My GTI on an MAPerformance map, stage 2 clutch and suspension, make it way more fun and as quick in a straight line.

Sadly the BMW is being sold BUT I’m moving onto an E63s.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Nice runs man!

Interesting to see how the gen 6 SS with just a tune stacks up to your GTI. Do you know the owner? Any plans for further mods for him? I'd be curious to see how it turns out if he had an IM and 95MM TB wit that tune. Those are my early mod plans. Down the line I'll end up doing a cam and headers, but no FI for me.

Last edited: