GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Painfully Awkward Moment With Another Mk7 owner

Tico63

Ready to race!
We had manual boost controllers before "chips". Probably was before you knew how to drive. It's still a "tune".

Great thanks :)

Tico63

Ready to race!

bigred1

Passed Driver's Ed
Manual wastegate with map clamp and Aeroforce scan for tuning. Worth 360/370 wheel on 08 srt4.

Tico63

Ready to race!
Being on L.I., I always see this MK7 with DSG (if i remember correctly its black or dark grey) and has an awesome sounding exhaust on Broadway in Massapequa. The fellow enthusiast is always heading south while I'm heading north on Broadway.

We always show mutual love via headlight flashes or thumbs up but never had the chance to chat.

Sounds like whoever the individual was that the O.P. met wasn't part of the forum and/or that person had the feeling of being superior and felt like they're MK7 was better than the other.

However, they found out the hard way that they're MK7 didnt stand a chance, lol.

I always believe in showing respect to fellow MK7 drivers because you never know if that person can become a lifelong friend with personable opportunities.

Merry Christmas to all and they're families!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I always get the impression from other Mk7 owners that don’t wave back or just ignore, not that they are rude or stuck up and think they are better, but instead they are just socially awkward and don’t know what to do when a stranger waves at them. That’s precisely why I didn’t flash my hazards after beating him when he tried to pull on me. Figured he’s just an awkward dude. On the contrary, I had a random mk6 gti owner pull up to me after a race asking for my instagram. We stopped to chat a bit and he’s a friend now. Maybe I’m just wired differently, I like gti owners :)

ogrisker

Ready to race!
Sometimes it's hard to read intentions of other people when driving. Not sure if they want to race, if they're running late for something, or if they're just plain crazy. On my commute home, the freeway entrance is a single lane right turn that opens up to two lanes for about an 1/8 mile, then merges to a single lane again, before merging unto the freeway.

I always go WOT at this spot when I get an open shot. The other day, I was behind a murdered out camry as we turned right, when the entrance opened to two lanes, I passed on his left at WOT. Apparently the camry didn't take it too kindly. As I slowed down to merge unto the freeway, he caught up and buzzed by on my left. So seeing that the slow lane was actually open, I punched it and ended up eventually quite a ways ahead of him, lost him in my rear view mirror and slowed back to down to 65mph minding my own business. Next thing I know, here comes the camry flying in behind me and then gets on my right with high beams and threatens to ram me a few times. I can't see who's driving because of his tint. And I'm like WTF?!?!? You want to crash into me for what?? I don't retaliate in the road rage and I end up behind him for about a mile and he's now driving normal. I exit and that's that. Days later I'm still wondering what his deal was.

OMG, I had almost the EXACT SAME experience, only with a Prius!!! LOL. those pesky Toyota drivers! WTH was up with that guy, darn Road Ragers...
BTW Prius drivers are the worst!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I'd be upset too if I was stuck driving a Camry or Prius. Don't f with those guys, they don't have much to lose.

This was just an awkward experience because I didn’t know whether to give a thumbs up or be super ricer and hit the hazards. I did neither.

Should've done both lol