GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R "Wave"

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
I only really throw deuces at someone with a nicely modded mk7 and if they're not driving like an asshat. So kinda never actually. The evo community around here is a bit different I always waved at other evos

Dark Violet R

Ready to race!
I've noticed that R guys don't wave .. I have had more GTI guys where we have given each other acknowledgement. The R crowd is strange ... not sure why. I just gave my Corvette to my son and I can tell you that those guys almost always wave ... oh well no big deal

ItsJustaR

Banned
I'm always giving the thumbs up. Trust me it works [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thurnis

Ready to race!
If I ever see Rs, id wave but i've only seen like 4 total in Vegas. I usually nod/wave GTIs if they're paying attention but most don't seem to acknowledge.

FMP

What part of Philadelphia are you driving around in? Whenever I come across an R I honk, roll down my window, and wave--it's always been reciprocated. Sometimes conversations actually begin as we're driving down the street, once as we were circling City Hall.

Used to live in center city but nowadays I do most of my driving in the pa burbs.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
People on MK7 Golf Rs dont wave, I just got made fun of today by the gf for trying at least 3 times the past week and getting nothing back.

I always throw up a V to any of the faster VWs out there. People with base model dubs, don't seem to understand so i don't bother.

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
I always throw up a V to any of the faster VWs out there. People with base model dubs, don't seem to understand so i don't bother.

This is how I handle it too. If I think you're a VW enthusiast rather than just a VW owner, I'll throw you a V. That means any of the Rs/R32s get the V, and anything that's been obviously modded also gets one, even if I don't like your mods.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm not a friendly person so i don't wave.

LOL, by the time I see someone wave it's usually too late anyway.

I do get a lot of looks from young guys (compared to me that's probably 99.9999%) of GTI owners.

But face it, we drive R's. GTI owners should be get out of their cars and genuflect.

trbochrg1

Passed Driver's Ed
Been driving VW's since 1998. I throw the "V" whenever I see a car that might be driven by an enthusiast (R32, Golf R, something that is lowered, offset front plate, or Bus/old beetle for example). I'd say I receive a wave or "V" back maybe at best 1 in 10.

copperbricks

Ready to race!
I always throw up a V when I see another enthusiast-type VW, but I don't usually get it back too often. When I drove a friends Jeep I got way more waves.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I get waves or flashes occasionally, usually older R models though. I’ll initiate if eye contact is made or it’s modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk