GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Whenever I need a tender, I just buy one of the ridiculously marked up by $20 ones at AutoZone and return it after

Oldschoolmk7 approved strategy.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I know right now there are no plans to have a flex fuel tune that adjusts based on E content. I know because I asked 613B6 who tunes my car. But he also said you never know with Eurodyne (which is very true)

I imagine if it happened it would be a decent way down the road.

Murf1

Ready to race!
Looking for some feedback. I did my first track day since going stage 2 today. Prior to this I ran 1.5_93_Adj at 91/24. I met two other GTI owners on the track, both of which were modded. The fastest among us was running MAP Stage 1.5, he also clearly had more seat time than me.

At one point he was really pulling away from me. Am I leaving that much power on the table by running stage 2 adjustable at 92/25? AFAIK he didn't even have an IC, and had the stock DP. I'm close to FBO just no charge pipes.

At the end of the day I don't feel like I'm missing out on power that much but I was quite surprised to see a stage 1 car pull so hard. I guess MAP is an aggressive tune as he said he was seeing 28 psi!

MAP 1.5? Not sure that's a thing. I'm shopping now and fwiw I see MAP offers only Stg 1, Stg 2, E30 tunes.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
MAP 1.5? Not sure that's a thing. I'm shopping now and fwiw I see MAP offers only Stg 1, Stg 2, E30 tunes.

Probably E30 then I guess as I saw the stock DP still on the car.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Interesting. I assume it would integrate with a flex fuel sensor as I don't see how it could determine that on it's own.

apparently it just adjusts the fuel trims according to what percentage of your gas tank has ethanol in it.

IE... tell it you have added e70 then tell it you have a gas tank with 25% e70 in it and it adjusts the fuel trims
or say e85 with 40% e85 and it adjusts the fuel trims according to that mixture

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What about e90 at 40% jk I get how it works. Cause I gotta go back out in the heat and change some things
apparently it just adjusts the fuel trims according to what percentage of your gas tank has ethanol in it.

IE... tell it you have added e70 then tell it you have a gas tank with 25% e70 in it and it adjusts the fuel trims
or say e85 with 40% e85 and it adjusts the fuel trims according to that mixture

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Wonder if by changing it would have any kind of negative effect on the way the current tune is

railroader

Autocross Newbie
You still have to know what the pump is spitting out. Could be E70 or E85. So unless you know that then no point inputting inaccurate info. Now, if it can integrate with a sensor and automatically adjust itself (like I think UMs does) without my input at all, that's cool.
For me that's not a problem since my closet station is 1hr away so I fill a 55 gallon drum in my garage and test it everytime I draw some out

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Badass! That’s a step closer to a true flex tune. I have an ethanol sensor that tells me my E content and has an analog out to output that to a computer or something like the ECU. I’m stoked for this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Confused on how the % of alternative fuel works, tank size is 13.2 gallons I run 40% e85, which is around 5 gallons, now when you try to do it on maestro I think it's in liters but on the % it only goes up to 1.992188, I'm confused

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
i think he didn't add the table correctly.

it is absolutely useful without a sensor because the long term trims and short term trims cap out at 32% or so. When you are running high e blends, it will throw a lean off idle code.

Even if you are blending 70% actually, setting it to 50% will GREATLY reduce positive trim values, if this is implemented as a global fuel adjustment.

Wide open throttle was never an issue since it i dead on target. This is more for part throttle and idle where long term trims were high and short term trims were frequently maxed on full E85 cars until they adapted over time.