GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEUSPEED Power Module

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the car new. Only had 40 miles on it. It’s a dsg. I’m running 93 octane in it on the + 5 psi setting on the npm. I removed the intake and the npm. Taking it to the dealer as soon as they get me a loaner. I’ll let you guys know what they say/do. And inlove to get the obdeleven but I have an Iphone and iOS doesn’t support it. With this headache I’m just gonna run stock till about 20k miles and go with a DP, Intercooler and stage 2 tune. Thanks for the info and suggestions all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
Dealership said no problems found just like I knew they would. Car was actually running great after I reset the ecu and installed just the NPM. Anyone wanna buy a p flo intake? Lol

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Not really sure what the P-Flo has to do with anything. Its possible that the intake itself might not have been installed properly leading to some kind of vacuum leak?

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m sure I installed it properly and put the vacuum line on correctly. Had a thought today that that I assumed the filter itself came pre oiled. I may try and oil it up and give that a go.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The filter should come pre oiled. The oil is what helps trap the fine particles. If you do reinstall...double check all the fittings and silicone couplers. Make sure that the clamps are on the coupler completely. I know that as you tighten...sometimes the clamps can walk off the edge of the coupler.

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks I’ll double check it. I’m gonna re install and oil it tomorrow when I get it back from the dealership. Fingers crossed this time. I loved the added sound and feel with it on there.

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed the p flo and I’m having the same problem. Lots of flutter and no power. Took a video but it won’t let me upload it.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Don't get why that's happening. As for the flutter...are you sure it's not the open intake that makes that sound? Open intakes will make a whooshing sound when you accelerate and when you let off the gas. If you're sure about the connections on the intake and have no leaks...then I'm really not sure about the power loss.

You can try contacting Neuspeed and see what they say. I've got a friend thats been running a NPM and the intake for well over two years...and he's had no issues...at least none that he's mentioned.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I ran one for 22 months zero problems. Stock intake and diverter valve.

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
It runs fine with just the module. It was a little hot yesterday it was 90 and me oil temps got up to 130. It’s definitely not just a wooshing sound it’s almost a stutter it’s so bad. I’m gonna purchase something so I can take logs of what’s all going on.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
Honestly it's probably just heat soak that is causing your issues that mixed with open intake will make all the whooshing sound from the diverter valve. I've noticed in hot weather especially that the DV is going off constantly.ix that with heatsoak which is extremely easy to do with these cars would love you the preception that it's losing power. You could double check the diverter valve and see if it's not holding like it should. I've noticed in my R that if I floor it after 3k most of all the flutter is gone. I've actually had really good luck with my R the last 2 years and 50k miles had jb1 for about 15-20k miles then bought Cobb and went stage 1 then there stage 2. Running better than ever right now.

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
Wish I could upload the video and it’s definitely loosing power. There is no boost when it happens. It actually sounds like compressor surge but I don’t think it’s that. Either way it works well without the p flo intake so I’m getting rid of it

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so without logs it’s hard to prove this but I’m thinking that because of the p flo having an aluminum pipe it isn’t dissipating heat quickly enough and the engine bay is heating up the air causing the ecu to dump boost through the dv. Looking back at my driving conditions it was hot that day and my ac was on. Sound right to anyone else? Gonna try it out again in the colder seasons.