GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
thanks Dave. again :)
From breezing through the thread...:p

here you go:-

thin plastic "Aero" tray NOT the Skid tray:-
There are several types depending on the number of NACA ducts you want...
5Q0 825 236Q gives you two ducts/vents near the front
3Q0 825 236 give you an additional baffle grill at the rear ....(used on GTE)
5Q0 825 236M gives you NO vents so do not get!!

Item 10, WHT 000 729 A, hexagon socket head bolt, self-locking,(M8x20mm), (x3) shorter than the skid tray rear bolts as the "Aero" tray is thinner plastic
All are full size trays & require the rear three bolts, but do NOT require the brackets or front bolts due to the light weight, they also use the existing small black screws...

SKID TRAY VW parts list & approx costs in UK £
Item No. 23:- 5Q0 825 902C, Underrun bar with one duct (Skid tray), £195.73***
Item No. 23:- 5Q0 825 902B, Underrun bar with NO ducts (Skid tray), DO NOT GET as NO air ducts
Item No. 24:- 909 747 01, Black wide head T-star screw A04B, £0.16 (x7)
Item No. 25:- 019 530 7, Flange hex head bolt (M8x25mm), £0.93 (x7)
Item No. 26:- 5Q0 825 921, Retaining bracket, £6.98***
Item No. 26:- 5Q0 825 922, Retaining bracket, £6.98***
Item No. 27:- 907 559 02, Spline head bolt with washer, £1.14 (x2)***
***=Only these items required from the dealers in my project!***

For NAR (USA, Canada, Mexico, etc) Forum member "ADVNTURR" has found that the following parts are easier to order in NAR & do fit as he posts in this thread here:-Click here

Item No. 23:- 3Q0 825 902, Underrun bar (Skid tray), $282.48***
Item No. 27:- N 0195 307, Hex head bolt , $ (x2)***(easier to fit this bolt in tight space but the one above is the correct VW one)

I have confirmed with the VW ETKA & these parts are correct for NAR MK7 Golf, & the tray is from a new Passat hence the "3Q0" start to the part number. The Passat is also an MQB platform car so will share many parts & dimensions.

Highlighted are the full aero tray with ducts & the skid tray with ducts

skid trays require front brackets & more bolts...full aero trays actually called "noise insulation" DO NOT require front brackets...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
thanks Dave. again :)

No problems...just I couldn't find those parts numbers in the now very long thread this...so I was just going on the original with the NAR update....

IF they have bee superseded the VW parts lot will tell you & please let me know...& I'll update....

Just been trying to clear up the threads & make tidy & sort my pictures out...but failed as I have been creating more threads as doing more mods in the past few months that I originally planed....:eek:...where's my wallet??..

flygteye

Ready to race!
My MK5 short rear axle came today and it has a new part number. Old 1K0501713D... new...1K0501713C. Looks a lot different. Came with 1 bracket too.

GTIAX1.jpg

GTIAX2.jpg

GtiAX3.jpg

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
My MK5 short rear axle came today and it has a new part number. Old 1K0501713D... new...1K0501713C. Looks a lot different. Came with 1 bracket too.

strange..going back a letter...:confused:

anyway including one bracket (which is all you need) is a win!...:cool:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
has anyone tried modifying 5q0825902B to create venting / airflow?

5q0825902C is out of stock for now at least.

edit: taking the plunge, just ordered the un-vented version. I'll figure a way to diy a vent :)

Last edited:

flygteye

Ready to race!
Got the front exhaust cover on. Rear exhaust cover won't fit because of my aftermarket exhaust. Rear axle cover almost fit....it just won't screw into the bracket screw. Tried for 30min and no luck. The part almost looks too short too but maybe I didn't move it over enough. Oh well. Thanks for the info Dave!!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I ordered one yesterday morning. Got an ebay notice this afternoon saying it shipped. I was afraid the vented ones weren't going to show up again, the non-vented seem to be available pretty regularly. Had to jump on it when I saw it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Dang, I just bought a non-vented one when the 20% coupon was going. Since I have a 6MT, I don't require the vent, right? Otherwise, I could probably drill some holes and get a similar effect.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Dang, I just bought a non-vented one when the 20% coupon was going. Since I have a 6MT, I don't require the vent, right? Otherwise, I could probably drill some holes and get a similar effect.
that's my plan. mine's sure taking awhile, ordered on May 16th, cleared US customs in Miami on May 25th.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

I would think so. Will holes on the flat surface take in enough air? The vent looks to be a scoop as well [emoji848]

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
that's my plan. mine's sure taking awhile, ordered on May 16th, cleared US customs in Miami on May 25th.

Ordered June 6th with estimated June 29th deliver. So, I'm surprised yours hasn't arrive yet :(.

I would think so. Will holes on the flat surface take in enough air? The vent looks to be a scoop as well [emoji848]

The 6MT isn't supposed to get as hot as the DSG, so I think if there's a little less air coming in, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm just unsure if no air coming in is okay, especially if I plan on taking the car to the track a few times a year.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Ordered June 6th with estimated June 29th deliver. So, I'm surprised yours hasn't arrive yet :(.

The 6MT isn't supposed to get as hot as the DSG, so I think if there's a little less air coming in, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm just unsure if no air coming in is okay, especially if I plan on taking the car to the track a few times a year.
convinced seller to file an international inquiry, usps is now involved but still no delivery or tracking since clearing US customs.

hopefully no one has the same experience but know that DHS and Customs now have 90 days to respond to a USPS case. USPS tells me that getting seller to file international inquirey is the only way to get customs to respond before 90 days pass.