GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Glovebox woes...

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone have a part # on just the small rubber piece (shown below)? Rather not spend $17 just to get 1 little piece of rubber, haha.

PM me, I may have a spare.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
It is

It goes on the damper gear if I remember correctly and let’s the light know that it should turn on when the glovebox is open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tai

Anyone know why my glove box light might not be working? My stock light wasn't.. figured stock bulb was dead so I got a new LED light.. seems no power... saw this behind the glove box, not sure if it's power source for the light...

I got a similar issue, stock bulb was dead, so I got a LED light, but when I go to plug in the new light, it doesn't turn on when I plug in the "sata-looking" cable. Where should I be checking to see if there's power feeding to the bulb?

jimboski10

Ready to race!
Anyone know where to get one of those little nubbies in the glovebox? I am missing one....don't want to spend $17 for the kit.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Anyone know where to get one of those little nubbies in the glovebox? I am missing one....don't want to spend $17 for the kit.

Would like to know as well. I looked through all the specialty hardware drawers at Lowe’s and Home Depot and found nothing that would work.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Anyone know why my glove box light might not be working? My stock light wasn't.. figured stock bulb was dead so I got a new LED light.. seems no power... saw this behind the glove box, not sure if it's power source for the light...

Link seems broken. Check the bulb with a tester.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

PM me , I’ll send you one for free, but eventually you’ll need more lol.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
So I've determined that my glove box light is not turning off when the box is closed. The arm mechanism appears to in tact - three pieces: the lowering arm, cog/wheel, and the piece that holds the arm and cog. The light turns off if I manually push the grey button, but when the box shuts it seems like the arm is not making contact with the button. Anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions?

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
George, I did not see this thread before therefore I started a new thread :-(, very clear pictures thanks, anyways I had the same issue while changing my cabin filter, one thing that I don't see on your first pic is that little rubber feet thingy that goes in that groove, mine flew out, both of them without them the door makes stops a bit harder.

Gonna have to try and figure out where on the glovebox I'm looking at in your pic, but I've been trying to figure out where that peice goes!