GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Golf R Haldex issues

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Time to trade in the car...get one that works.

Storm19999

Passed Driver's Ed
Haldex.

So I was a tech at vw and they will sort it if your get the right tech.
I had one guy complaining poor handling
I drove it yes 2wd. There is a technical tip about this. The haldex clutch sludge
Blocks the pump. There’s a build number to be checked on the pump. They will fit a new pump ifs your built in 2015 I’d guess it will work once or twice then throw a code for haldex and your get a new haldex. They need to check pump
Build numbers. I would get you the info but I’ve jumed ship to Mercedes but love my vw’s.

QUOTE=Olimpiu;632133]Your post was very informative. Thank you. I hope I can make some headway with the dealer next week when I take it in and not have to go through trying to prove to them that its not working properly 3 times. I deffinelty need to make a video and I already spoke with them about giving the service manager a ride so I can do some burnouts. It sounded like they were willing. That and the same code you pulled with obd 11 I should be able to make a good case for myself. Or at least here is hoping.[/QUOTE]

Olimpiu

Mercedes are good cars, have 2, this is my second vw and I love it. I just wish VW dealers would act like BMW and Mercedes dealers do. In the past 10 years I drove nothing but bmw and mercedes and not once was I told that the issue I had concern with is nothing to worry about. Not once.If it's under warranty fix it or at least try, don't sugarcoat shit and toss it my way with oh 90 years of experience says the light needs to come on before we can fix it. I don't understand why the fuck I have to prove to these assholes that it doesn't work myself and even with video proof of my wheels burning out they don't care. This dealer in specific has always had terrible reviews which makes me think I'm wasting my time with them but the next one is 40 miles away. The other thing is every time I take my car in, any VW dealer in 100 mile radius, does not offer courtesy vehicles..which makes me pay out of pocket every time I take it in.

Side tracking here, but I took my mercedes to the dealer because the ride felt rough and it was pulling right. They went above and beyond to fix every fucking little thing that I didn't even know about. They ended up replacing the entire tranny, steering rack and right front axle. All under warranty and those were not the issues I came in with. I did one ride along with the master tech and he told me straight up that the car rides like shit and that I wont get it back until he's done.

I guess im tooting my own horn and I should switch but I like my R and i want it to be whole. Ive only had it for a few months and the fact that dealerships are so shitty is really disheartening. I will get to the bottom of this nonsensical bs they keep tossing my way. VW america has been nice to me one time, maybe I can just convince them through another dealer to get this worked on.

Last thing, the last time I took it in with a code, they asked if I got it using their obd scanners, which , who the hell would do that but when i got it back , the code was gone. Happened every time I took it in. They say they didn't clear anything. Well if you didn't then how the hell is is not showing up anymore? End rant