GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can not remove glove box

whizz

Hi All.

No matter how I try I just can not remove the glove box . I know the theory and have watched the video. No matter how hard I push the 2 buttons up I can not get them to move. I dont think its ever been out as the car only has 25k on it, and can see no record of pollen filter being changed. Any suggestions gratefully received.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Push them down; not up.
Hi All.

No matter how I try I just can not remove the glove box . I know the theory and have watched the video. No matter how hard I push the 2 buttons up I can not get them to move. I dont think its ever been out as the car only has 25k on it, and can see no record of pollen filter being changed. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sent from my XT1806 using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Hi All.

The flex tabs are very hard to push far enough to allow the glovebox stops to pass through. What makes it doubly hard is that you have to press both tabs simultaneously, and it seems as soon as you get one pressed far enough to allow the stop past it, and focus on the other one, the first one pops back behind the flex tab!

It helps to have two people... two hands per tab make it easier.

whizz

Right.Will get my lovely assistant on the job.Have been a bit dubious about forcing and causing some damage. Thanks.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Right.Will get my lovely assistant on the job.Have been a bit dubious about forcing and causing some damage. Thanks.

They won't break, they're just very stiff. Do watch out for the two small rubber bump stops on the glovebox, they can pop off when you pull the glovebox past the locking tabs.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I feel your pain, OP. I finally got mine free. Both rubber bumpers came off, luckily they fell on the floor. Gotta be the worst design ever. My advice to buy the bumpers in case they fall into the dash and you need to replace one or both. You won't like driving with the door down until they come in.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I feel your pain, OP. I finally got mine free. Both rubber bumpers came off, luckily they fell on the floor. Gotta be the worst design ever. My advice to buy the bumpers in case they fall into the dash and you need to replace one or both. You won't like driving with the door down until they come in.

A) Take the bumpers off first and set them aside.

B) Who drives with the glovebox door open?