GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SABO's MK7

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Sabo has big feet.

Welcome back.
Begin mods, I need winter entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
haha...it was s bit slippery...extending my footprint. btw that is Blue Ridge parkway in southwest VA....early getaway christmas gift with the wifey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha. I was just about to guess this looked like BRP. I was gonna guess wintergreen-area, but i don't think they've seen that much snow yet.

Azoth

First I want to say thanks for your thread and your detailed writeups and documentation! Much appreciated and you've given me much inspiration and ideas for these QOL mods, I've done more than a few of these.

May sound like a dumb question but how did you go about removing all the rear trim + carpet in the hatch? I got some sound deadening stuff a while ago and I've been hesitant to try pulling at that crap up because I'm not sure where to start and don't want to break a bunch of clips. The few times I tried I gave up after feeling like I was gonna start breaking stuff. I've searched but can't really find any good info. Any tips appreciated!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
First I want to say thanks for your thread and your detailed writeups and documentation! Much appreciated and you've given me much inspiration and ideas for these QOL mods, I've done more than a few of these.

May sound like a dumb question but how did you go about removing all the rear trim + carpet in the hatch? I got some sound deadening stuff a while ago and I've been hesitant to try pulling at that crap up because I'm not sure where to start and don't want to break a bunch of clips. The few times I tried I gave up after feeling like I was gonna start breaking stuff. I've searched but can't really find any good info. Any tips appreciated!

Wish I could remember. I just started pulling on stuff. The super thin "carpet" pulls out of places, and I think I remember having to unscrew a few T20 screws, and pull some trim out of the way. I believe the back middle trim piece comes completely off, and the bottom of each side I pulled off to expose the bottom, but didn't pull it off completely...

Here, check out my review here, I put all my pics in there. I'm sorry though, I didn't explain how to pull the backside stuff out. :/

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25512&highlight=soundskins

Azoth

All good.. thanks anyway.. that gives me some ideas. I'll have to give it the good college try when I have some more time

Micah247

Ready to race!
Great looking car, nice mods too.

I used the e-acca website to buy the engine cover you got from ECS. It ended up being close to what you paid with the coupon.

Those rear headrests look great. Stitching matches and everything.

I couldn't find any with red for the GTi so had to resort to ebay.
View attachment 12021

Keep up the good work! :cool:

I had the same problem. Here's the solution.

https://youtu.be/bDIwWsQ37Tk

Micah247

Ready to race!

sabo

Ready to race!
39. OEM Engine Skid Tray

39. OEM Engine Skid Tray

Mod: Ordered this back at the end of 2017, but waited for install after recent oil change. This mod has been beaten to death courtesy of golfdave's great skid tray thread, so no need to elaborate.

Where: e-acca.com

Parts: Skid Tray - 3Q0-925-902A
Mount Brackets - 5Q0 825 921, 5Q0 825 922
Bracket Bolts - 907-559-02
Tray Bolts - 019-530-7
Tray Screws - 909-747-01 (can reuse existing, not really needed)

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 1,000
  • IMG_4128.jpg
    IMG_4128.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:

sabo

Ready to race!
Electrical Problem?

In need of some forum help. Recently i started having a warning flash in the MFD and audible signal (dinging like the door is open or seat belt is off). The MFD immediately starts flashing the car logo and occasionally lights red in the hatch area. The warning chime only goes when I hit the throttle and beeps every second continuously. The chime stops when i come to a stop, but the MFD continues to flash the car symbol.

My hunch is this is a latch, camera issue as it may be sensing my hatch is open when it really is not.....?

i scanned and came up with the following to faults. i have disconnected the battery, the fuse to these parts and all the connectors to the camera and latch....no help....

any ideas?

Attachments

• 4F24FC00-D1A2-4469-AA27-43CBB1072666.jpeg
    4F24FC00-D1A2-4469-AA27-43CBB1072666.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 536
  • A27D8029-1D08-4816-851D-ACFF142FF444.jpeg
    A27D8029-1D08-4816-851D-ACFF142FF444.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 534