GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Scoop/Eventuri Piece , Possible Group Batch

Billy231

DV~Turbo Diverter Valve..
Yes makes sense as you say and obviously one needs to keep an eye on things like such after doing mods, etc.
Curious as to if anyone has done any before/after dyno runs with your mod?

s4in7

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the scoop yesterday and installed. Everything looks great, but I only received two washers and they're not big enough to slide over the T-nut so when I screw everything down, it doesn't fully clamp. There's about a millimeter of gap between the barrel of the T-nut and the small washer/screw combo.

I went to Home Depot and got some 1/4" washers big enough to fit over the T-nut barrel but now it's too big to correctly assemble without jamming up against some plastic clip or something on the grill.

Everything went together alright, it's just a little wobbly and the bottom lip of the scoop has about a 3mm gap between it and the bottom of the grill. Tried to bend the scoop a little but that shit's heavy duty.

I'll keep playing with it, and I'm mostly happy with the kit! The scoop itself is great :)

s4in7

Passed Driver's Ed
Solved it. Had a thin strip of scrap metal laying around, drilled two 1/4" holes, and then cut it into two small squares for some homemade square washers.

Got everything clamped extra good now! Checked to make sure the scoop wasn't hitting anything inside the grill and it's floating free but securely. Don't mind the small gap between the bottom of the scoop and the bottom of the grill :) It's not nearly big enough to rob the intake of that sweet, sweet air.

Thanks Twist--looks, sounds, and feels legit!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Solved it. Had a thin strip of scrap metal laying around, drilled two 1/4" holes, and then cut it into two small squares for some homemade square washers.

Got everything clamped extra good now! Checked to make sure the scoop wasn't hitting anything inside the grill and it's floating free but securely. Don't mind the small gap between the bottom of the scoop and the bottom of the grill :) It's not nearly big enough to rob the intake of that sweet, sweet air.

Thanks Twist--looks, sounds, and feels legit!

Your washer didn't fit over the T nut? It shouldn't be up high enough to come through the scoop holes. The washer should be in between the screw and the scoop. If there is too much clearance you can add a washer to the bottom side of the t nuts to increase that space so it can clamp strong. Each grill, etc is slightly different but if anyone else has this issue just simply add another washer to the T nuts under the scoop, and then another one on top with the Phillips screw. Also, remember to locate tite :). Enjoy!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Note: if you want to go smaller or use your own mounting solution you can go any local ace hardware store and buy a couple T nuts, washer and screw for a few cents each. Our local supplier ran out due to the overwhelming demand so I had to improvise with the last batch. You can get a smaller t nut and screw yourself or just simply add another washer to each side if it seems to "bottom out". I also mention this in the instructions. Enjoy and post pics guys! :)

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Alright guys quick update: we are all caught up with orders now and accepting new orders for the next ones. PM me if you're interested or wanna try this out!

Defiler

Passed Driver's Ed
Done.

And not that it was really needed but I did a little "how to" with my thoughts HERE.