GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 vs. HPA dogbone mount- performance improvement vs Vibration

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
Someone help me understand why the sound of the engine is different with the dogbone mount insert? I heard this was the case but was still surprised when I drove mine after installing the 034.

I can’t understand how reducing movement would translate to a different sound. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Someone help me understand why the sound of the engine is different with the dogbone mount insert? I heard this was the case but was still surprised when I drove mine after installing the 034.

I can’t understand how reducing movement would translate to a different sound. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vibrations through the chassis

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Can anyone chime in for me? This is probably a stupid question, but I can't tell from HPA's website. So the APR and Roc-Euro pendulum mounts have 3 bolting locations, 2 on the transmission housing and 1 for the dogbone. Does the HPA mount also have 3? or does it have 2 (one for the dogbone mount, and one for the trans casing) ??

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Can anyone chime in for me? This is probably a stupid question, but I can't tell from HPA's website. So the APR and Roc-Euro pendulum mounts have 3 bolting locations, 2 on the transmission housing and 1 for the dogbone. Does the HPA mount also have 3? or does it have 2 (one for the dogbone mount, and one for the trans casing) ??

3. just like the others

stbou

I think he means he did dogbone and motor. Got vibes. 1K miles later did tranny and vibes were gone.

So are there 3 mounts?
1-engine mount
2-tranny mount
3-dogbone mount which is either
a) only an insert over the stock one (034 for example)
b) full replacement (HPA for example)

Trying to figure out what combination works best to not allow too much NHV but olding stg2

Thanks

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
So are there 3 mounts?
1-engine mount
2-tranny mount
3-dogbone mount which is either
a) only an insert over the stock one (034 for example)
b) full replacement (HPA for example)

Trying to figure out what combination works best to not allow too much NHV but olding stg2

Thanks

You’re correct, but with “a)” there are actually an upper and lower inserts that 034 makes available.

stbou

stbou

Not happy with the 034 insert, great at first but faded quickly. Pulled it (pried it) out the other day to find this:

I’d only consider my car as OEM+ with a JB4 running map 1 / 2. Wheel hop was horrendous to the point I thought something else was wrong.

I’ve contacted 034 but I have a BFI insert on order as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Please see my last post up here. They say the upper insert is required to prevent the lower one to bent
Did tou have? They even post a picture comparing with vs without the upper one.

I think i'm going to give a try the the pair

stbou

Yes. 034 states and demonstrates that you should have both to prevent damage. I installed both.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Install both without touching any other mounts? Make a noticeable difference?

bheggelke

Passed Driver's Ed
Install both without touching any other mounts? Make a noticeable difference?
Yes, just upper and lower inserts. Definitely noticeable difference but after a while you tend to forget what OEM was like and all you end up noticing is the added NVH LoL. I initially liked the rawness and the growl when winding it out but I don't think it's for me long term.

I might pony up for the engine mounts and see if the firmness is there without the annoying NVH.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stbou

Perhaps adding tranny/engine mounts REDUCE NHV, compared to dogbone insert alone. Would make sense somehow, given the the vibration could be absorb more "equally"
Hope someone could jump in and confirm us

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
after putting some miles on it and raising the idle to 750 from 700 rpm thry vagcom the vibration is almost completely gone. just some vibration on cold starts but liveable.

I have the 034 dogbone, and made sure they installed to the proper 130 nm torque specs. I have zero NVH from day one. I think installing to the proper specs is imperative.