GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Looks great! Any issues fitting the SAI?

No, the SAI is a tight fit though. You have to pull it out from under the air box a bit then attach it to the tube fully before attaching the tube to the rest of the system. This will allow you to best position the tube for the limited SAI flexibility.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
No, the SAI is a tight fit though. You have to pull it out from under the air box a bit then attach it to the tube fully before attaching the tube to the rest of the system. This will allow you to best position the tube for the limited SAI flexibility.

Good to know. Thanks!

Colourwolf

Ready to race!
Got this a few days ago, and finally just posting about it now. After having it on for a few days now I'd say I love it. As I expected, no noticeable increase or decrease in power (aFe claims 18hp and 18tq). That said, I LOVE how it sounds. Yes not for everyone, but I think the new turbo spool and DV sounds I am getting are great, it ads to the dynamics and character of the car I think. And it's fairly subtle, definitely not anoying, but also definitely audible as long as the music isn't loud. I have less desire for an exhaust now.

Disclaimer: this is the first turbo car that I have owned so I really wanted it to sound like a turbo car, but didn't want it to be obnoxious.

I noticed you are in Canada, where did you purchase your intake?
I have checked their website, Shipping is a killer.

elterrible

Passed Driver's Ed
Got this a few days ago, and finally just posting about it now. After having it on for a few days now I'd say I love it. As I expected, no noticeable increase or decrease in power (aFe claims 18hp and 18tq). That said, I LOVE how it sounds. Yes not for everyone, but I think the new turbo spool and DV sounds I am getting are great, it ads to the dynamics and character of the car I think. And it's fairly subtle, definitely not anoying, but also definitely audible as long as the music isn't loud. I have less desire for an exhaust now.

Disclaimer: this is the first turbo car that I have owned so I really wanted it to sound like a turbo car, but didn't want it to be obnoxious.

This is looking like the perfect intake for me.

What Im looking for:
1. Sound! increase in real engine noises. This probably means an open air intake
2. Intake that has the SAI connection. I think the breather filters look tacky
3. I have no expectations of performance increases. Im looking for sound. I have unitronic stage 1+ for more than enough performance increase for me.

I like that it uses the factory base as well. This means the factory air flow path and the factory water drain at the bottom are retained. It snows here so the factory snowguard is probably better left installed for me. The only other intake Im looking at right now is the injen open air intake. Very similar to this one, main differences are it is cheaper and does not use the factory base air box but its own metal base.

Last edited:

elterrible

Passed Driver's Ed
I noticed you are in Canada, where did you purchase your intake?
I have checked their website, Shipping is a killer.

It also looks like he got the dry air filter (which is grey) instead of the oiled air filter (blue) that I see on their website. I would like to know too, I would rather get the dry air filter version.

edit: nevermind, both are on their website. seems more retailers are selling the oiled (blue) version though.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Did you pick up the optional cover on the AFE intake?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
^ not yet, but I plan on it come fall/winter.

Wouldn't it be preferable to run the cover in the summer when temps are hotter, and no cover once it cools off?

Uberjet

Yes, I know CAI's aren't worth it, but I also have OCD when it comes to aesthetics, and the MK7 engine bay is kinda fugly. Tried to remedy that today.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Im not huge on spending lot of money to make the engine bay nice, also dont got a huge hard on for CF intake systems............. THAT being said sir, That engine bay looks tasteful.
Like the little touches you did with lettering colors and the plaid. Well done.

Tfprime

Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE
Luft-Technik Intake System From ECS

:D

Attachments

• My Intake.jpg
    My Intake.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 1,155

Uberjet

Im not huge on spending lot of money to make the engine bay nice, also dont got a huge hard on for CF intake systems............. THAT being said sir, That engine bay looks tasteful.
Like the little touches you did with lettering colors and the plaid. Well done.

I completely understand, but thank you nonetheless for your kind words. :)