GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maxton V2 front lip for MK7 GTI

eatamik

I was looking to DIY my maxton V2 lip but the 14 bolts and drilling got me hesitant. Any suggestions to easy my mind and boost to go for it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The first step to any job is education.
There are several videos on removing the front bumper, which will be the hardest part.
Google (MK7 front bumper removal or MK7 installing front splitter). Insert name of you splitter to see if someone made a video on it.

Deutsche Auto makes many good videos.

So I would watch as many videos as I can.
Get all the tools ready. Find an extra set of hands.

https://youtu.be/g2abu2DZIO0

Welcome to the forum.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Yeah its the drilling thats got me. 14 bolts is a lot lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Isn't the hole drilling on the bottom of the bumper, though? Forgive my ignorance if that's not correct -- I don't have a splitter myself. But if so... you could drill 50 holes and no one would ever see it. For something that's not visible and won't ruin functionality if you screw up, I wouldn't be too worried. Like mentioned just watch some videos, have the right tools on hand, and take your time.

Anyways that's my .02 and positive reinforcement, haha. Go for it! Good luck.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the hole drilling on the bottom of the bumper, though? Forgive my ignorance if that's not correct -- I don't have a splitter myself. But if so... you could drill 50 holes and no one would ever see it. For something that's not visible and won't ruin functionality if you screw up, I wouldn't be too worried. Like mentioned just watch some videos, have the right tools on hand, and take your time.

Anyways that's my .02 and positive reinforcement, haha. Go for it! Good luck.

You are correct, nothing to worry about, OP just make yourself comfortable doing the job and take your time, if you later want to revert to stock , the Bumper is super modular and you can replace the part Being drilled but even if you don’t , you still can’t see the holes .
The part in the pic is what you are drilling on so is not a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddieliu76

Passed Driver's Ed
I did the install of a front lip myself, I would suggest to go a bit slow on the first few bolts to have a feel of how the bolts go in and tighten. After the 2nd screw, rest of them went in smoothly. Having an extra set of hands to make sure the lip dont move also helps.