GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions on DP sound/performance

billmesh

Passed Driver's Ed
I humbly disagree

I love the sound of my GTI now that I have the CTS catted dp on it :)

Sometimes on pulls it goes SKIRRRR POP POP POP

hngggg I love those DSG farts especially when it pops. Its not v8 but it sounds great to me.
Yes! I'm CTS catted and all else stock and I love the way it sounds.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nsw

Passed Driver's Ed
I humbly disagree

I love the sound of my GTI now that I have the CTS catted dp on it :)

Sometimes on pulls it goes SKIRRRR POP POP POP

hngggg I love those DSG farts especially when it pops. Its not v8 but it sounds great to me.

I'm another guy with a catted CTS downpipe and stock after.. sounds great, a little louder when you're on it. There is a little drone at 85 mph steady, but it's not bad at all.

Recommended.

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Uni DP + factory and for an older guy for a daily driver that likes to fly under the radar it’s ~90% spot on for my tastes.

gti9251

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the CTS DP + stock exhaust and it is a lot louder than my MK6/APR DP/stock exhaust was. If you're old and or commute in your car (both for me), I think catted DP and stock exhaust is the sweet spot between for power and noise.

Dabeats9

Passed Driver's Ed
Everyone has their own definition and tolerance of loud. I have an apr catted dp with a muffler delete and a vibrant 17930 resonator and it's only loud when you're on it.
Would you reccomend the vibrant resonator over the stock one for reducing drone? I have res delete and muffler delete and it's perfect right now but if I put a catted DP on then it'll be too loud. I'll either put the stock resonator back on or the vibrant, just not sure which one. Not trying to jack the thread. I get drone around 2700-3000 rpms.

I believe for OP the downpipe would cause it to be way to raspy without at least a resonator.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
I have the CTS DP + stock exhaust and it is a lot louder than my MK6/APR DP/stock exhaust was. If you're old and or commute in your car (both for me), I think catted DP and stock exhaust is the sweet spot between for power and noise.

Catted dp+stock cbe? Any resonator?

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Any drone?
No drone at crusing, but at low RPM and giving it moderate throttle, it sounds just a little ‘farty’ to me, but this is very subjective.

DP03

Ready to race!
Well I'll weigh in here, having the APR dp and stock exhaust. I find the sound far too ricey for my tastes. I know it's going to be hard to find a decent exhaust note from 2.0 liters, but I'm hoping for something better, and I'll be putting on the AWE touring exhaust in 3 weeks.

Will provide feedback once done.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
Well I'll weigh in here, having the APR dp and stock exhaust. I find the sound far too ricey for my tastes. I know it's going to be hard to find a decent exhaust note from 2.0 liters, but I'm hoping for something better, and I'll be putting on the AWE touring exhaust in 3 weeks.

Will provide feedback once done.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m leaning towards either thr atp one piece catted (200 cell) downpipe and having the vibrant resinaor welder in, or going with the Ultimate racing catted (400 cell) and resonated downpipe. Both are supposed to be full t304 stainless. Ran the UR on my mk6 and never had any issues.

Droopy1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the unitronic dp w stock catback and it’s perfect. Nice sounds with a touch of snarl and quiet when you want it.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Stock setup with a downpipe will sound fine. If you don't want it loud after 3k keep a muffler. I'm catless with a magnaflow magnapack half way down. That's it. I've learned where and when to shift to keep it quiet. Full throttle it screams though. Louder than I wanted it but I just wanted to go stage 2 so I went for it. I'll eventually grab an exhaust with a muffler.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
Stock setup with a downpipe will sound fine. If you don't want it loud after 3k keep a muffler. I'm catless with a magnaflow magnapack half way down. That's it. I've learned where and when to shift to keep it quiet. Full throttle it screams though. Louder than I wanted it but I just wanted to go stage 2 so I went for it. I'll eventually grab an exhaust with a muffler.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback.