GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Konig Flow Formed Mesh Wheel

jaysian

Passed Driver's Ed

Well damn. May we see more? I’m interested in a top down view of that front wheel :rolleyes:

just added EBC redstuff pads & Stoptech Slotted/drilled rotors over the weekend. The angle of the overhead photo may be a bit off..
Buuut I would say..perfect fit.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
just added EBC redstuff pads & Stoptech Slotted/drilled rotors over the weekend. The angle of the overhead photo may be a bit off..
Buuut I would say..perfect fit.

Nice! I just ordered.. err pre-ordered a set. Dang things are sold out everywhere.

MK7Buckeye

I've had these since middle of March. On Firehawk Indy 500's 235/40/18 but probably could have went with a 245.

landmarke

So everyone running 245/40/18, still no issues on rubbing? I'm looking to do the same with the Konig wheels and stock mk7.5 height. No plans to lower the car. Can anyone reccomend a good Summer tire under around $130 each?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
So everyone running 245/40/18, still no issues on rubbing? I'm looking to do the same with the Konig wheels and stock mk7.5 height. No plans to lower the car. Can anyone reccomend a good Summer tire under around $130 each?

You will be fine at stock height and 245/40.

Tirerack has tested all types of tires, so check there.

Also use the link at the top of the threads on this forum to order so Tire Rack knows their sponsorship is paying off.

Maybe the Hankook Ventus will fit the bill.

My $.02, don’t cheap out on tires.

It’s one of the best bang for bucks you can do for your car.

I personally like the do everything well Michelin PS4S but if I had to budget shop I would probably go with the Firehawks.

However to me it’s worth the extra $280 a set to get the PS4S over the Firehawks and the end result will be lower road noise, better wet and dry grip and a softer ride for the 3 years or 24k miles the tires will last me.

That’s only $7 a month for me (diff between the Firehawks and PS4S).

Last edited:

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Yep, 235/40-18 MPSS, will be moving to 245/40-18 MPS4S when these are done.

I made this exact move earlier this year. I drive a ton so I am already moving to my third set. Both my 235/40 PSS and 245/40 PS4S lasted roughly 21k mi. Fit wise, because the PS4S runs narrower, the two tires are nearly as square as each other.

Stock height, I love the set up: the car rides beautifully and is super comfortable, and fills the wheel wells, as several photos on here show.

I am actually considering lowering on the MSS Kit street springs you mentioned to me in another thread and would also change tire dimensions to avoid rubbing, also to reduce sidewall flex, but would like to maintain beefiness because the roads around me are shit.

I’m currently deliberating between the 245/35 and 255/35. I want the latter to work, but haven’t seen a PS4S 255/45 tire on an 8.5” wheel. Given they run narrower... I’m considering it.

Both 245/40 and 255/35 weigh the same

245/40 PS4s on 18x8.5et45

Last edited: