GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock wheels from a pre-2018 GTI for a 2018 GTI SE

iamareplicant

Passed Driver's Ed
First-time owner of a Volks, and am loving my new 2018 GTI SE 6M in ways that leave me without words. The build quality alone is amazing. The car feels like it was carved out of a single piece of granite.

Question for the experts: I like the styles of OEM GTI wheels of previous year GTi's. Specifically, I like the Watkins Glen wheels, but others as well.

So, working backwards from 2018, what year OEM GTI 18" wheels will fit my 2018 GTI SE's bolt pattern and offset?

TIA.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Denvers (17"), Detroits (18"), Serrons (18"), Rotaries (18), the list goes on. For the most part, pretty much any OEM wheel that's 18" will fit your car. You could also consider aftermarket, where you can get lighter weight wheels that are higher quality and have more styles/colors. You can always use https://www.willtheyfit.com/wheels/ to make sure your setup will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Any factory Mk7 wheel will fit no problem. Though personally if I was going to swap I'd look for a lighter and wider aftermarket option, but it's all up to you.

I'm certain there's a good number of Mk7 GTI guys out there who would be more than happy to swap with your facelift wheels.

Lopedawg1

Passed Driver's Ed
The Watkins Glen wheels that you like are very nice inded(biased) but they’d stick in too much, you’d need spacers is you want them to be flush. If you don’t care for flush they’d fit just fine

iamareplicant

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks all for the replies, especially the link to willitfitmy car.

lopedawg, those are indeed the wheels I want.

Gotta look into getting a set, and thank you for the heads up on the spacers.

What are the details on the exact spacers I need?

Last edited:

Lopedawg1

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, the issue with spacers is that they can cause premature wear on your bearings and will throw your suspension geometry off a little. I’m not sure if you’re tracking your car, if you’re gonna lower, or if it’s just a regular everyday car. I’d suggest you read up a bit on the effects of spacers on your car. If you decide to go through with spacers, mine are 15mm fronts and 20mm rear. You’d need longer bolts too. Look up ecs running flush kit, same specs, although mine are H&R brand.

iamareplicant

Passed Driver's Ed
I am not tracking. This is my DD and want to keep my warranty intact but go with different wheels only....someday I will def lower.
I will investigate the spacers.
Appreciate all the info.

iamareplicant

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, I have made my decision for wheels. They are these Enkie Lussos I am going to get:.

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/w...wagen-gti-enkei-lusso-eibach-lowering-springs

I dont want to use spacers.

Question: I want to go with the lowering springs, and go with the 18" Enkies. What offset should I get for the wheels? The car in the link is a 2017, mine is a 2018, and not sure if what offset I should get to go along with the lowering springs. And, after the springs are installed, I need to an alignment, correct?

TIA.

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Ok, I have made my decision for wheels. They are these Enkie Lussos I am going to get:.

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/w...wagen-gti-enkei-lusso-eibach-lowering-springs

I dont want to use spacers.

Question: I want to go with the lowering springs, and go with the 18" Enkies. What offset should I get for the wheels? The car in the link is a 2017, mine is a 2018, and not sure if what offset I should get to go along with the lowering springs. And, after the springs are installed, I need to an alignment, correct?

TIA.

Well that car had 18x8, Et40 and looked alright. I'd add 5mm spacers to the rear (only) for a flush look front & rear though, with those specs & from looking at that picture

If they're available in 18x8.5, ET45 though...that'd probably be the better way to go

YES, you'll want an alignment

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I have 18x8 ET35's and it's basically flush front and back, without any spacers. If you've seen OZ Ultraleggeras that's what I got. (~17.8 lbs, bronze). Highly recommend the sizing (18x8 ET35)