GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brisk Silvers

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Yep you can find Denso for $1/per less.

For long durations of WOT I do not trust the IKH24s, they seem to not insulate well enough. My ground straps look just right with the ER12S.

While my experience with Brisk has been positive, my main draw back was just the price. If they were $1 less then i would be on board, but as you can see it comes out to be more like $20 savings per change.

This is just my personal experience with the two sets of plugs. I have seen others having issues damaging the plug when gapping the Denso's so YMMV.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Hey guys. Pulled my plugs today and noticed that the insulator on 2 of the plugs between the ground strap and electrode are burnt. Any ideas on what this could mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
gap before and after? miles?

I regapped them awhile back at .024” and I can only get a .025” feeler gage in the now.looking at some of the pictures I took of them it doesn’t look like the electrode is wearing evenly. I don’t know exactly ho many miles I have on them, probably around 15k. I’m throwing in a new set this morning as it’s cheap insurance.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
15k is a touch long. Pull these new ones at 10k and see how they compare.

Might be a couple coils going out.

No misfires or poor performance. Car has been running well.

I’m going to get her buttoned up and start working on my ethanol tune :D

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
I regapped them awhile back at .024” and I can only get a .025” feeler gage in the now.looking at some of the pictures I took of them it doesn’t look like the electrode is wearing evenly. I don’t know exactly ho many miles I have on them, probably around 15k. I’m throwing in a new set this morning as it’s cheap insurance.

The electrode won't wear evenly, that is normal especially with a thick silver electrode.

I assume you are Stage 1 or higher? Are you on the throttle occasionally?

alerxovawo

Ready to race!
No issues for over 20k miles on APR IS38 with stock plugs. I change them out every other oil change, not because i have issues, just because it's cheap insurance. The ground strap and electrode wear looks perfect. What is making you guys want to switch plugs? Is it Because you are reading it on the internet? or because you are having problems? Those who are claiming performance benefits from changing plug brands are delusional, you aren't going to see a performance benefit from plugs unless the previous ones you had were seriously fouled or missing a ground strap like some rs7 plugs will do. Seriously, what's the issue?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
No issues for over 20k miles on APR IS38 with stock plugs. I change them out every other oil change, not because i have issues, just because it's cheap insurance. The ground strap and electrode wear looks perfect. What is making you guys want to switch plugs? Is it Because you are reading it on the internet? or because you are having problems? Those who are claiming performance benefits from changing plug brands are delusional, you aren't going to see a performance benefit from plugs unless the previous ones you had were seriously fouled or missing a ground strap like some rs7 plugs will do. Seriously, what's the issue?

Because I'm 150WHP+ over stock?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Also:

Spark Plugs:
APR recommends using colder heat-range spark plugs (Ex: NGK-R7437-9), properly gapped to a tighter gap (Ex: 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm), properly installed and torqued (Ex: Per the manufacturers specifications), and maintained with a shorter changer interval (Ex: 10,000-15,000 mi or 16,000-24,000 km).

alerxovawo

Ready to race!
Stock plugs don't transfer heat fast enough to be safe on a 350+ hp GTI if under conditions of long periods of WOT.

That is the issue.

And how do you gather this info? They transfer heat just fine and I'm 150hp over stock with my IS38.