GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Non-PP GTI brake caliper torque specs

Squishy

Ready to race!
I can't find this info for my 2015 GTI with the non-PP brakes.

Can someone tell me the torque specs of the front brake caliper bolts? (the bolts the arrows are pointing to in my attachment)

And although I don't need them yet, may as well tell me the torque specs of the caliper carrier bolts, and the brake fluid bleeder bolt.

I also need all the above figures for the rear brakes.

Attachments

• brakes.jpg
    brakes.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 4,255

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I can't find this info for my 2015 GTI with the non-PP brakes.

Can someone tell me the torque specs of the front brake caliper bolts? (the bolts the arrows are pointing to in my attachment)

And although I don't need them yet, may as well tell me the torque specs of the caliper carrier bolts, and the brake fluid bleeder bolt.

I also need all the above figures for the rear brakes.

caliper to carrier is 35nm

carrier to hub is 200nm

bleed screws are never torqued & just nipped up

& I only have the electronic handbrake rear brakes spec...not your manual handbrake rear specs

Squishy

Ready to race!
Ok so

front caliper bolts 35nm or 26 lb/ft
front bracket bolts 200nm or 148 lb/ft

rear caliper bolts 35nm or 26 lb/ft
rear bracket bolts ???

also the banjo bolt that attaches the brake fluid hose to the caliper, anybody know torque?

I also found that on the rear calipers it is impossible to fit even my smaller torque wrench on the bolt so I had to just tighten it by feel using a small socket wrench, who knows if I got it anywhere close to 26 lb/ft. I guess I will have to buy a really tiny torque wrench.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Ok so

front caliper bolts 35nm or 26 lb/ft
front bracket bolts 200nm or 148 lb/ft

rear caliper bolts 35nm or 26 lb/ft
rear bracket bolts ???

also the banjo bolt that attaches the brake fluid hose to the caliper, anybody know torque?

I also found that on the rear calipers it is impossible to fit even my smaller torque wrench on the bolt so I had to just tighten it by feel using a small socket wrench, who knows if I got it anywhere close to 26 lb/ft. I guess I will have to buy a really tiny torque wrench.

Deutsche Auto used needle nose pliers to hold inner nut when tightening.
I replaced my fronts and used a thin Stanley open end
Have not replaced rears so will use needle nose if Stanley does not fir.
Thanks for info.

On caliper bolts, did you replace the small bolts or reuse and add blue loctite?

Squishy

Ready to race!
Thanks for info.

On caliper bolts, did you replace the small bolts or reuse and add blue loctite?
I used needle nose pliers to hold the inner nut when untightening and tightening as my wrenches were too thick. I just remembered I have a small adjustable wrench that probably would have fit.

I did not replace the caliper bolts, I don't see why anyone would. Are those bolts meant to be replaced? If they are, that is a new one to me, I have worked on brakes in the past and have never heard that those bolts are supposed to be replaced, although I have never worked on a german car before. I also did not use loctite, I thought loctite was only supposed to be used on the carrier bolts.

Anyways I found my pads to be very thick still, so all I did was added some brake lubricant to the sliding bolts and to the pads where they contact the calipers.

Does anyone know what kind of brake lube is recommended on this car? I used Permatex synthetic brake lubricant, it's green. But if somebody knows something better I am open to suggestions.

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
What size is the carrier to hub bolt that mounts the brake calipers to the hub. Thanks.

erikweber321

Ready to race!
Can't remember the guide but they're 12 or 14 mm triple squares. 90nm +90degrees replaceable according to the manual

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for info.

I think i said this on their video when they did that, but bike mechanic cone wrenches are perfect for such occasion (thin steel) and can be ordered in singles on amazon. 10/10 recommend.