GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf TDI to GTI TDI conversion thread. !!! Warning Picture Heavy !!!

Micah247

Ready to race!
BBS RSII installed. Audi Caps are temporary.

Micah247

Ready to race!
Loving this car.

Installed super pro front end links, power flex race front control arm bushings with camber.

Round 2 of the fix to be done while I'm away fo a week, so I lined up my 20k service and side skirts painted / installed at the same time. Stealership gave me a surprisingly good price for the body work.

Funny part is I've already done everything on the list for a 20k service. O well at least they can swap out the upgraded magnetic drain plug while they're in there.

myles1

Ready to race!
At the bottom of the page under customer service there is a link to track your order. It takes a few weeks to process. Usually takes about a month total.

So they came, the plastic looks great, but the sticky stuff is damn thick. After pushing as hard as I could there's still like a 1-2mm gap of thick white stuff. Personally, it shows up far too much, especially on a black car. I ordered some 3M automotive tape for $8 of Amazon and will attempt to reapply, in hopes it leaves a far smaller gap.

Micah247

Ready to race!
So they came, the plastic looks great, but the sticky stuff is damn thick. After pushing as hard as I could there's still like a 1-2mm gap of thick white stuff. Personally, it shows up far too much, especially on a black car. I ordered some 3M automotive tape for $8 of Amazon and will attempt to reapply, in hopes it leaves a far smaller gap.

Make sure to use the 3M primer pad. Comes in a little packet like a wet nap.

Micah247

Ready to race!
It's so hard to find pictures of these fenders installed. It's also difficult to find more than one or two photos of Voomeran over fender flare kit. I stopped by the dealer to check on their progress. Everything including my wheels are filthy. When I bring it home on Monday I plan on installing 20 mm spacers in the rear, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to upgrade LOL

myles1

Ready to race!
When you installed the GTI diffuser, did you need any additional screws or did the ones from the old diffuser suffice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rstaylor25

Passed Driver's Ed
When you installed the GTI diffuser, did you need any additional screws or did the ones from the old diffuser suffice?

The GTI diffuser is a straight bolt on, no extra screws needed!