GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

27.5psi taper 25psi redline

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Just watched your videos. Your car is way faster than my APR only IS20 DSG 4Motion SW. You're not worried about the longetivty of your turbo running that much boost?

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
Just watched your videos. Your car is way faster than my APR only IS20 DSG 4Motion SW. You're not worried about the longetivty of your turbo running that much boost?

I’ve got 60k miles on this turbo,30k at 24psi past 15k miles with lots of abuse at 28psi :) so far so good

Last edited:

llibgrebnek

Ready to race!

As you can see mixing e85 with different fuels to create e30 produces a different octane... it’s math

The numbers you entered for ethanol octane and the calculator itself are incorrect.

E85 market fuel has ethanol content ranging from 51-83%. It has an AKI rating (the number typically seen on US fuel dispensers) of 95-97 AKI, and about 102-104 RON.

Ethanol octane numbers do not add linearly on a volume basis, only on a molar basis. In fact, blending of 96 RON premium with ethanol to arrive at E51 (49% premium/51% ethanol) yields a 97 AKI, while blending very low octane light straight run gasoline LSRG (64 AKI) with ethanol to arrive at E51, STILL yields 95 AKI!

Ethanol increases the octane of low octane petroleum blend stock to a much greater degree than high octane blend stock .

For example:

Straight 100 % ethanol has a 99 AKI and 109 RON. Blending it down to E85 with LSRG or another low octane refinery product, as is commonplace, drops the AKI to 97, and RON down to 104 RON.

E33, in your example, would yield about 94.5 AKI/101 RON product.

The increased ethanol provides a degree of in cylinder cooling above normal E10 gasoline as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
The numbers you entered for ethanol octane and the calculator itself are incorrect.

E85 market fuel has ethanol content ranging from 51-83%. It has an AKI rating (the number typically seen on US fuel dispensers) of 95-97 AKI, and about 102-104 RON.

Ethanol octane numbers do not add linearly on a volume basis, only on a molar basis. In fact, blending of 96 RON premium with ethanol to arrive at E51 (49% premium/51% ethanol) yields a 97 AKI, while blending very low octane light straight run gasoline LSRG (64 AKI) with ethanol to arrive at E51, STILL yields 95 AKI!

Ethanol increases the octane of low octane petroleum blend stock to a much greater degree than high octane blend stock .

For example:

Straight 100 % ethanol has a 99 AKI and 109 RON. Blending it down to E85 with LSRG or another low octane refinery product, as is commonplace, drops the AKI to 97, and RON down to 104 RON.

E33, in your example, would yield about 94.5 AKI/101 RON product.

The increased ethanol provides a degree of in cylinder cooling above normal E10 gasoline as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoah, had no idea it worked like that. So I've got those E20/E30/E50 pumps not too far from home. If I'd get the same benefit from putting those in my tank as mixing 3gal E85 with 9gal 93 octane, that's awesome.

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
Lets hijack someone else’s thread about e85 mix. This one is about my car making lots of boost and power. Got the intercooler on and turbo going on today. I’ll be running apr 100 oct flash with 93/w/m on 28pi taper to 26 psi at 6500rpm with my jb4 stack. Ge ready to see a 120+ trap sportwagen