GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F1 Girls.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
It's basically dumb, yeah, but I suspect it's more the usual business over-reaction. Businesses are generally stunningly conservative and risk-averse, and given all the negative publicity, much of it quite deserved, about all of the misogynistic practices and abuses in many industries, I'm guessing the people responsible here simply threw up their hands and gave up rather than risk some sort of scandal. I doubt anyone was pressuring them in any official way, or that the company was really concerned one way or another about improprieties, whatever they might be. Their lawyers probably told them it was marginally less risky than not getting rid of them.

Still, yeah, kinda dumb.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I think some react by eliminating one sex.
In F1 eliminate the Females.
On one nationwide news channel it seems they have eliminated all Men.
I guess if all one sex hard to have harassment cases.
Complex World.

They aren't "eliminating" females, they are getting away from using women as eye candy and replacing them with grid kids - both boys AND girls - which is better for the future of the sport.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
They aren't "eliminating" females, they are getting away from using women as eye candy and replacing them with grid kids - both boys AND girls - which is better for the future of the sport.

So kids on a track with adults/hot engines and fuel?
I guess it is better.

Suggest they just have no one doing it.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

No it's not! I want to see women in tight booty shorts or spandex and low v-neck tops that show massive cleavage!!!

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
So kids on a track with adults/hot engines and fuel?
I guess it is better.

Suggest they just have no one doing it.

The "not sure if serious" meme applies here...

They are going to be junior racers from karting/jr formula series', not toddlers.

No it's not! I want to see women in tight booty shorts or spandex and low v-neck tops that show massive cleavage!!!

I admit - it's the only reason I tune in, I don't even watch the racing.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I'm torn on the subject. On one hand I kind of understand not wanting to be associated as a company who advertises sexy women to get more views. They are beyond that point and don't need the added publicity at this stage.

On the other hand, I think there's plenty of women out there that aspire to be models and love doing it. I don't think getting rid of grid girls enforces them being "pro feminist" in any way shape or form, if anything its the contrary. All those women are now out of jobs. There's nothing wrong with being a model and the message they are now conveying is that there is something wrong with it.

And just about everything about kids annoys me too, replacing them with kids just sounds desperate to fill a void they created.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The "not sure if serious" meme applies here...

They are going to be junior racers from karting/jr formula series', not toddlers.

I took kids, boys and girls as elementary age.
My Wife teaches 1st grade.

If a person can drive I do not think of them as kids even though many likely are.

Back in the 70's and 80's NASCAR had the Winston Girl.
She helped the winning driver with promo stuff after the race.
She also made many appearances with the goal or promoting racing and Winston at the time. Often a very good speaker and friendly person. Yes also good looking but by today's standards also well dressed with more clothing than most people today. They still use ladies today. Often two of them at races.
As NASCAR fans are older these ladies are not naked 16 year old girls.
Last time I was at a race they wore and outfit much like a racing suit.
And yes attractive.

There is a professional way to do this.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Political correctness aside, there's a few facts that can't be changed:
- Most car and racing fans are men.
- Men like looking at women.
- Women standing next to a product helps sell that product.

F1 isn't just about car racing. It's about projecting the fantasy of having the best of everything. The best car, the best team, the best tech, the best tracks, the exotic places, and of course the most beautiful women. The racing in-of-itself is usually kind of boring.

Loonster

Ready to race!
Political correctness at its finest. We should replace the girls with multi-cultural transgender LGBTQ so that no one feels left out.

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
I still don't understand why it is OK for a man to use his (enhanced) body to get ahead (the Rock and Arnold for example) but for a woman to use her enhanced body to get ahead is a crime and a shame.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I still don't understand why it is OK for a man to use his (enhanced) body to get ahead (the Rock and Arnold for example) but for a woman to use her enhanced body to get ahead is a crime and a shame.

I think this forum will support equal opportunity on this subject.

Was it Russia that stated recently they would have F1 Ladies on the Line?