GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone w/ Cobb AP want to Stage 1 my GTI?

PantsWithLazers

Hi, I plan on buying a COBB AP (I'm currently looking for a used one), but I want to flash my GTI to Stage 1 if anyone in the LA/OC area is willing to do that for me. I can pay or trade for a few brews :).

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
When you flash with a Cobb AP it pairs to your car, and you can not flash anyone else’s unless you unpair it from yours. Unpairing requires going back to stock.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
You may need to read up on how the Cobb AP works...

No one can flash your car for you without unmarrying it from their car and installing it on yours. And they can't put the tune back on their car without pulling it from yours. They would effectively be giving you their AP.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I believe he is asking if someone is willing to give a test drive with their AP. Unpair from their car and pair to his. Or he could just test drive their car.

PantsWithLazers

Sorry, I should have clarified. Yes I want to just temporarily Stage 1 or Stage 1+ my car (not sure which would be better because I have a Neuspeed intake not Cobb). I wouldn’t want to drive someone else’s car + they probably would have other mods that mine doesn’t have. I figured the entire process shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes to an hour.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the country, but I would let a forum member drive my car before going through the trouble of swapping the AP. Hopefully you'll find someone near you who will let you try theirs out. Just keep in mind you'll likely be voiding your warranty to try it out if you flash your ECU, that's why I'd recommend driving someone else's if they'll let you.