GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drivers Door Rattle When Accelerating

steadydriver

Drivers Door Rattle When Accelerating

Hi
I’ve got a Golf Mk7 TSI SE and it’s got this rattle on the drivers side door as if something is loose and it’s driving me mad.

It seems to only happen when accelerating from standstill (perhaps just the force or braking hard.

If I have the door slightly open and Accelerate it doesn’t happen.

The other thing is the door doesn’t seem to easily close like a Golf should.
Therefore to me I think it’s something to do with the door or door locking mech.

Has anybody come across this and is there a simple solution

Thanks

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Due to the stiffness of the body, the doors tend to shift a lot. If the seals aren't properly lubricated then the doors make all sorts of noises and vibrations. Look at your door seals. If you see any white marks on them from chaffing you need to lubricate them all.

Known issue with the MK7. Took mine to the dealer and they lubed everything. Two weeks later the lube has dried up and the noises are starting to come back. That being said since your door also is hard to close it could be not aligned properly. Either way schedule an appointment with the dealer if you are under warranty or trusted indie shop and ask to have the door seals and felts lubricated and the drivers door checked for proper adjustment. Describe your problem as in-depth as possible, and hopefully you can get it fixed.

steadydriver

All Sorted Very Happy

Hi Thanks for the Advice

I've now cleaned the car, put auto glym rubber and vinyl care on the door seal rubber and plastic bits and waxed the metal and wow the noise has gone.

Very Happy Thanks Very Much