GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! Squeaking sound coming from my Golf

Mk7.5_Damian

Car(s)
2019 MK7.5 GTI
Hey guys !
Quick question,
After driving my Golf for a little while (it's brand new)
I noticed a squeaking sound only when I go over bumps, even the slightest. I thought was GURANTEED coming from my rear right side... I Just put in H&R Sport Springs and was hoping that it wasn't Due to the springs or shocks.
But the sound sounded internal rather then external and after numerous tests, it wasnt the springs but it was.... (Drumroll) the sunroof ?
When the sunroof is closed there is this annoying squeaking sound after I drive over any and all bumps, yet when the sunroof is open the squeaking disappears.. I'm hoping someone here has had the same issue and/or knows how to fix it ? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey guys !
Quick question,
I noticed a squeaking sound only when I go over bumps, even the slightest. I thought was GURANTEED coming from my rear right side... I Just put in H&R Sport Springs and was hoping that it wasn't Due to the springs or shocks.
But the sound sounded internal rather then external and after numerous tests, it wasnt the springs but it was.... (Drumroll) the sunroof ?
When the sunroof is closed there is this annoying squeaking sound after I drive over any and all bumps, yet when the sunroof is open the squeaking disappears.. I'm hoping someone here has had the same issue and/or knows how to fix it ? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Start by using Gummipflege on the trailing edge rubber gasket on the sunroof.

AshGTD

Hey guys !
Quick question,

As said get a stick of Gummipflege and do all the sunroof rubbers you can get to with sunroof closed and open, had this on the pan roof on my Avant it would creak and squeak over bumps, reversing off my drive etc, in the end I used to Gummipflege the rubbers every time I washed the car.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
You didn't notice the creaking front suspension yet then.. oh yeah you said it was new. Give it 10k miles then..

1BlakGTeye

Exhaust mounts

I had the same problem with my car recently, and it turned out that all that was making the noise was an exhaust hanger had come out (actually two of them). Same exact sound but in the front and even on small bumps. Just check all your exhaust hangers and if that's not it you could try looking at where metal on metal contact might be happening. Hope this helps!

Jon2

Ready to race!
You didn't notice the creaking front suspension yet then.. oh yeah you said it was new. Give it 10k miles then..

Hope not, I'm currently on 9870miles. :eek:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
OP, while Gumi may work, a better longer lasting solution is using a silicon lubricant back there. Had this issue on my wife's 2015 Golf (purchased in 2014). Dealer lubed the rear sunroof seal with silicon lube while I waited. Problem solved, been fine for a long long time now.