GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports Billet Aluminum MQB Dogbone Mount Insert

Kyle_A3

Ready to race!
Anyone have this?

I'm curious to the fact it's not poly like the others. Thoughts?

I have it. Really nice piece with quality construction. Considerably less vibrations than any poly insert(I've tried a couple). Still get very crisp shifts. I have awd, so I can't comment on wheel hop, but overall I definitely recommend it

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
No wheel hop here. Stage 1.5_93 Eurodyne.

I'm guessing you have this insert, Furious?

I'm not concerned with hop. Stage 2 eliminated that for me 9000kms ago lol. I just want one that doesn't wear out like poly, gives some proper feel back into the cabin (like my current CTS one) whilst minimizing NVH. That said, I'm looking into BFI engine and tranny mouths when someone decides to put them on sale for Thanksgiving or Black Friday haha.

Just curious as they broke away from the normal poly insert and used alum.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
We have installed a bunch of these and our customers seem to love them.

Great to hear! How does it have less NVH when it's more solid/rigid than the Poly inserts other companies have (65, 70, 85 durometer ratings)?

I thought the harder the unit, the more NVH?

Pardon the noobness :eek:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I have it. I'm quite happy with it, no issues, but there is increased NVH, but nothing too annoying. The engine sounds raspier too.

Have you previously tried other inserts to compare? My CTS (which is 65a) does increase my NVH, but I'm ok with it. It will lessen (and feel more solid) once I add my motor and tranny mounts.

FURIOUSGTI

Banned
I'm guessing you have this insert, Furious?

I'm not concerned with hop. Stage 2 eliminated that for me 9000kms ago lol. I just want one that doesn't wear out like poly, gives some proper feel back into the cabin (like my current CTS one) whilst minimizing NVH. That said, I'm looking into BFI engine and tranny mouths when someone decides to put them on sale for Thanksgiving or Black Friday haha.

Just curious as they broke away from the normal poly insert and used alum.
Yes I have it...over a 1000 miles on it already.:)

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I ordered one of the poly ones, it came in, and literally that day I read about this 034 one and saw how highly people were talking of it in regards to not compromising their ride quality while still giving performance. I shipped my poly one back and bought this.

Lol installed it yesterday, it's great! Supposed to last the life of the car as well. Another thing you can't say about the poly ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
Just installed mine yesterday. Only increase in NVH I've noticed is on initial start up, and I'm DSG so sometimes from a dead stop when releasing the brake and the gear is engaged there's slightly more vibration. Totally daily driveable though, absolutely no complaints.

Got my first chance today to test out how it does in preventing wheel hop. I set ESC to completely off and went WOT from a standstill, absolutely no wheel hop whatsoever.