GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 12-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #69
railroader

Drives: 2016 GTI Autobahn DP,Water/meth,turbo inlet pipe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueballs View Post
Would the OEM throw out bearing work with this DKM Stage 3 clutch? Just wondering if I should buy the OEM TOB and use that instead of the one DKM provides, just so I donít get this problem during the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Dkm said there was no difference between the 2. I ordered a oem to put in now after I pull it back out. Comparing the 2 side by side the oem one looks like better build quality. I'll look for the email when they told me that

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
IS38, Ceramic Coated and DEI wrapped APR DP catless, turbo inlet pipe, PTP IS38 turbo blanket, Coolingmist water/meth, I.E. Intercooler,DKM Twin DIsk clutch, I.E full closed CAI, cts silicone intake hose, spulen short shift f/b s/s, 034 solid bushing set, Spulen charge pipe
railroader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:16 AM   #70
railroader

Just a little update, clutch has about 460 miles on it there is definitely chatter not to bad at all with the stock motor/tranny mount I still believe I have a tb issue. I really like the clutch, engagement is good, pedal is great, I still have a little bit of shudder on take off in 1st and reverse but it's getting better and better, still have another 250 miles to till I reach dkm's recommended 700 mile city break in. I have not got on the throttle very hard and make smooth subtle shifts. I installed my bri stage 2 mounts today and they don't lie about giving up comfort for performance, the clutch chatter is more audible and noticeable in the cab now everything is louder and ther are more vibrations but I don't mind any of it car feels much more solid. I just ordered a fluidampr so when that comes in I'll install it and report back on how it is and how it helped

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
IS38, Ceramic Coated and DEI wrapped APR DP catless, turbo inlet pipe, PTP IS38 turbo blanket, Coolingmist water/meth, I.E. Intercooler,DKM Twin DIsk clutch, I.E full closed CAI, cts silicone intake hose, spulen short shift f/b s/s, 034 solid bushing set, Spulen charge pipe
Old 01-05-2018, 04:04 AM   #71
Gti jake

Drives: GTI 6MT
I started paying more attention to my stock clutch noise. With BFI stage 2 mounts there is a TOB noise unless the clutch is in. Maybe what your hearing is normal but focusing on the clutch made it more noticeable

Baun Performance https://facebook.com/Baun-Performance-406768406417784/
Gti jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:13 AM   #72
GTIManEG

Drives: 2015 GTI 6MT
I would not install the factory TB with this kit. It has a spacer on it. This will move the engagement up on the pedal, possibly causing over engagement of the pressure plate.
I would check that DKM sees that and can be 100% that it's okay.

I just hit 400miles and are having the same clutch stutter as you, as the miles keep going it's less and less. Can't wait to turn my car back up!

GTIManEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:37 AM   #73
railroader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti jake View Post
I started paying more attention to my stock clutch noise. With BFI stage 2 mounts there is a TOB noise unless the clutch is in. Maybe what your hearing is normal but focusing on the clutch made it more noticeable
Your probably right. After the first tb problem I am probably just being a little anal on the noise. I sent Dkm a video of the noise and they think it's chatter which it probably is but idc I'm not pulling the tranny again until I have to or I break something. I just want to break it in so I can put my is38 in.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:41 AM   #74
railroader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIManEG View Post
I would not install the factory TB with this kit. It has a spacer on it. This will move the engagement up on the pedal, possibly causing over engagement of the pressure plate.
I would check that DKM sees that and can be 100% that it's okay.

I just hit 400miles and are having the same clutch stutter as you, as the miles keep going it's less and less. Can't wait to turn my car back up!

I know it has that little spacer. I have also read that the oem one will mellow out the chatter but I'm not putting the oem one in until I have to pull the tranny back out. So it's all straying in there till I break something. Dkm said there would be no issue with the oem one. I just want to be done so I can put in my is38

Old 01-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #75
tissue

Drives: MK7 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by railroader View Post
I know it has that little spacer. I have also read that the oem one will mellow out the chatter but I'm not putting the oem one in until I have to pull the tranny back out. So it's all straying in there till I break something. Dkm said there would be no issue with the oem one. I just want to be done so I can put in my is38

Im wondering whats that spacer designed for? Dampen the vibrations to the pedal? Move the engagement point closer to the firewall ? I installed the sachs SRE clutch with the oem TB (with spacer) and now its making noise. I noticed that the aftermarket clutches come with TB that doesnt have the spacer. I just got the Sachs performace bearing which is much better quality. Its all metal (not plastic like the oem one) and it doesnt have the spacer. I hope that i didnt damage my pressure plate . Can anyone confrim that running aftermarket clutch with TB that has spacer on it doesnt damage the pressure plate ? im about to pull the tranny anyway but im scared lol
tissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:26 PM   #76
russiankid

Drives: Das Auto
I have a MK6 TOB(no spacer) with an SRE clutch (DMF Version), not sure if its the clutch or TOB but it will randomly chatter on idle when everything is warmed up.
russiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:27 PM   #77
Gti jake

They’re interchangeable it’s not gonna hurt anything

Every TOB I’ve ever seen has been metal, it’s a bearing only in most applications. Our cars just so happen to have it attached to the slave cylinder as one unit

Old 01-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #78
tissue

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
I have a MK6 TOB(no spacer) with an SRE clutch (DMF Version), not sure if its the clutch or TOB but it will randomly chatter on idle when everything is warmed up.
Thats interesting, i thought the DMF version would not chatter. Maybe its the bearing chattering against pressure plate fingers. Who knows
Old 01-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #79
ATR

Drives: Pure White 2017 GTI Sport 6mt
It's the gearbox that rattles. There was a much more detailed explanation in the big clutch thread. But it's not the clutch, bearing or flywheel that rattles.
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #80
tissue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
It's the gearbox that rattles. There was a much more detailed explanation in the big clutch thread. But it's not the clutch, bearing or flywheel that rattles.
i know exactly what you mean, the pulses from the engine make the gear teeth inside transmission slap againts each other. But i thought the DMF dampens these pulses.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #81
russiankid

Drives: Das Auto
Quote:
Theyíre interchangeable itís not gonna hurt anything

Every TOB Iíve ever seen has been metal, itís a bearing only in most applications. Our cars just so happen to have it attached to the slave cylinder as one unit
I compared it to the OEM one that I pulled out and it was identical. I'd rather pay $30 for the TOB, not $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissue View Post
Thats interesting, i thought the DMF version would not chatter. Maybe its the bearing chattering against pressure plate fingers. Who knows
Possible. I have 13k miles on this setup and its done it since the day I put it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
From what I understand, VW gearboxes aren't quiet....scratch that, VW's aren't quiet.
russiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:18 AM   #82
Gti jake

Got my tracking number, should have it Thursday!

My days off changed for the winter so I work Friday nights now, we’ll see if I get it early enough Thursday to knock it out

Old 01-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #83
railroader

Quote:
Got my tracking number, should have it Thursday!

My days off changed for the winter so I work Friday nights now, weíll see if I get it early enough Thursday to knock it out
Sweet. Let me know how you like it. I love mine. I have about 150 miles left to go till I can lean on it

Old 01-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #84
Gti jake

image uploader

Gonna start the install in a bit, can’t wait

Old 01-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #85
Diggs24

Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Good thing you marked the box as yours. Don't want the kid stealing it.

Tags
dkm twin disk, stage 3