GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

winter wheels

wolfe1

I have a 2015 gti with pp,i have seen posts that some oem vw 17" wheels will clear pp brakes & some won't.does anyone know for sure what style will clear pp calipers,anyone using 17's for snow tires with pp?thanks in advance for any help.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
You will probably want to post the rest of the wheel specs, if you have certain ones in mind. Width and Offset.

slide13

Ready to race!
Not using OEM but I am using 17” Sparco Assetto Garras on my ‘17 Sport for winter wheels. Clears calipers fine, not a ton of room where the wheel weight is placed but it’s enough and not as tight as some I’ve seen. Been very happy with them.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
17" wheels from an older S4 will fit, though there's only a few millimeters of clearance between the front caliper and the wheel weights:

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
I'm running 17inch GTI rims from my old 2010 and they just barely fit over the brakes, but they do.

I don't recal what the wheels are called, but they were the base trim mk6 gti wheel.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I'm running 17inch GTI rims from my old 2010 and they just barely fit over the brakes, but they do.

I don't recal what the wheels are called, but they were the base trim mk6 gti wheel.

Denver's. Classix clear as well (OEM Mk5 17" wheel). I've seen pictures of them on a Mk7 Golf R. Keep in mind, even for those 17" wheels that do clear the PP/Golf R brakes, the inside wheel weights will be extremely close. That's fine as long as they don't actually touch the caliper. It's really been like that since the Mk4 R32 haha.

wolfe1

thanks for all the responses,i'm a fan of the denvers,allways prefered oem wheels.i feel smaller wheel would be better for snow,anybody running 18" snows?

nellborg

I got a set of Alutec 17" wheels with Blizzaks for my '17 GTI Autobahn. My VW dealer phoned Tire Rack and the Tire Rack tech was confident that these would fit - and they do. Clearance between the caliper and the rim is not much, maybe 1/2 inch. More than what I've seen on photos from others. Very happy with the purchase thus far with 1,000 miles on them.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

Confirmed Denvers fit over PP/R brakes, but you need to have a single layer of thin wheel weights at most!

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I ran 17" Audi A3 wheels on my Golf R for winters and they fit no problem.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Confirmed Denvers fit over PP/R brakes, but you need to have a single layer of thin wheel weights at most!

Anything more than a single layer of weights is an indicator that the wheels/tires were badly made.

malhi179

Car(s)
2018 VW GTI Autobann
I recently bought 2018 VW GTI Autobann. It came with 225/40/R18 tires on 18*7.5 stock rims ( believe offset is 49) and have got type R brakes.

I have a set of good set of winter tires from my old 2014 Jetta which are 225/45/R17 on 17*7 vw rims with offset 54.

I am wondering if my Jetta winter tires/rims will fit on my 2018 GTI Autobann without causing any damage to suspension/brakes etc.

Any help is appreciated...

Hotsky

Ready to race!
I will be using the 15's that came stock on my golf for my snows. 195/65/15 tires are cheap and easy to find. Already have a set left over from my old Mazda.